Author Topic: Satnav shortcuts problem - SOLVED  (Read 757 times)

FarNorthJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi CVT
Satnav shortcuts problem - SOLVED
« on: September 21, 2021, 04:57:09 PM »
I am new to the Jazz and the forum.  I have a 2018 EX Navi and would appreciate any help or suggestions about a satnav problem.

The problem is this  -  on the map display I have a lot of "fork and knife" icons indicating restaurants etc.  There are so many it clogs up the view of the map.  These icons are known as "shortcuts".  I have read the manual and there is a procedure to add and remove icons.   I have been through this procedure,  and "removed" the restaurant icon.  However, after doing this the procedure does not seem to work, and the icons are still present on the satnav map.   When I go back to try again the restaurant icon has disappeared from the "tap to remove" screen, so it looks like something is partly working.   If I add the restaurant icon back in,  it then appears again on the "tap to remove " screen and I can delete it again.

However,  nothing I do actually removes these annoying icons from the satnav map

Despite going through the instruction manual,  I cannot figure out any way to solve my problem.   Can anyone offer help and advice ?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:48:06 PM by FarNorthJazz »

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Satnav shortcuts problem
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 06:53:33 PM »
I think you should be looking to remove POI - Points of Interest - layers rather than the Icon for restaurants. I don’t have that vehicle but from my understanding of Sat Navs, it’s these layers on the map that will be your issue.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:04 PM »
I think you should be looking to remove POI - Points of Interest -
That's what I did.....  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

FarNorthJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 03:10:14 PM »
SOLVED !

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

The answer is indeed to remove an entire layer from the map.   Go to "Map Layers" and untick the "Places along the road". That removed all the icons from the map display

I had thought that it was possible to remove, say, the restaurant icon from the map and leave, say, the petrol starion icon, but it seems to be an all or nothing option.

If you do need to find a petrol station, restaurant etc,  there is another option that lets you go in and scan a list of these,  or, it would be easy to put them back on the screen temporarily by going back to "map layers" and reticking the "places along the road" box

thanks again
PS:   very much enjoying the Jazz.  The only thing I needed to do after getting it was to go on to ebay and buy a secondhand full size spare wheel and jack to replace the bottle of gunge (mine has the wheel well that is big enough to take a full size spare)

Tags:

anything