Author Topic: Mk3 - ruining the reputation one step at a time.  (Read 13310 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Mk3 - ruining the reputation one step at a time.
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
My facelift car feels much more "solid" than my 2016 one, the interior quality is similar but beneath the skin it is much improved.

guest7675

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2018, 01:35:16 PM »
Nice one sky im looking forward to getting mine still i noticed even the shut lines are nice and tight i noticed under the bonnet and fuel flap is like most cars why would they make it shiny as the outside but it was still better than i have seen on more expensive cars i have owned in the past.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2018, 01:44:20 PM »
My facelift car feels much more "solid" than my 2016 one, the interior quality is similar but beneath the skin it is much improved.

+1

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2018, 02:00:21 PM »
I usually buy facelifted cars, I find they are generally better than the first attempt. The 2016 Jazz confirmed my theory and and was a mistake I will not repeat. Also the reason I only kept it two years. I like the Jazz, it is an underrated car in my opinion, but Honda seemed to have taken their eye off the ball for the first attempt at a MK3.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:09:23 PM by Skyrider »

guest4871

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2018, 03:09:09 PM »
Isn't the face lift Mk 2 also generally considered better than the launch version?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
Isn't the face lift Mk 2 also generally considered better than the launch version?

Definitely. I had both and the facelift seemed better, a bit quieter and a slightly better quality feel. All very intangible but you could sense it somehow.

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2018, 07:14:03 PM »
Well I've just spoken with Northampton Honda and they've said the same thing. That to claim under warranty they have to see it for themselves. So not only is the quality falling but the warranty is pretty naff as well. What do they think - that I'm making it up because I love the inconvenience of getting my car to the nearest service centre (both of which are over half an hour away)? They don't care enough about me as a customer to be concerned that my door mirrors might stop working? Clearly it's about the money. They hope to put off the work and avoid paying for the parts for as long as possible. Well..until three years after manufacture anyway.

So..tell me again - what sets Honda apart from other manufacturers on the quality/warranty front? Seems to me like they are as bad as everyone else.
Perhaps you can get it on video and then show the garage, they cannot then dispute it.

Tags: