Author Topic: CVT fluid change 2 year service  (Read 2053 times)

guest8810

Re: CVT fluid change 2 year service
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
Just had third year service carried out by Yeomans Farnham Surrey, having read the various comments about 5 year service agreement and non compliance changing. CVT fluid every two years I perused the previous service paraphernalia only to find no tick in the relevant box.
Having queried this point I am told by the After Sales manager He had checked the computer entry’s of previous year and surprise surprise the CVT fluid was withdrawn from the stores to be used on my Jazz.

Whilst I am not a disbelieving individual normally but just perhaps cynical on occasions,I find it difficult to accept this statement but what can you do to ascertain this is true.

It will require changing nxt year on my fourth service date,I wonder if this will be conveniently omitted again what a money spinner, this seems to be country wide in Honda Dealerships no wonder they are closing there doors ,perhaps if the same customer politeness and attention that the SALES staff dispense was applied to After sales operatives they might attract and KEEP there customers
After paying ones bill you then find your car parked squeezed twixt two other cars and then to find the drivers seat so close to the steering wheel it was impossible to gain entry easily, and then to find the rear view mirror showing the back seats, it must have been a person of dreadfully short legs and a cranium with little or no neck attached.
A small thing  perhaps to some but I am not blessed with agility of a chimpanzee unlike the previous occupant of my cars driving seat.
Well I have exhausted my irritations so far but look forward to next years shenanigans

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 09:13:53 PM »
When I first heard this "withdrawn from the stores" thing I think I was as cynical as you. They put the oil and filter on the service sheet so why not the CVT fluid?

Does it end up on Ebay?

PS

Yes - the adjustment of the seat thing is a monumental PITA. Car washes do it as well.

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 06:43:14 AM »
Well I have exhausted my irritations so far but look forward to next years shenanigans

Another source of entertainment / irritation depending on your viewpoint is to change the settings of the switches for the parking sensors / lane depart etc  :)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 12:57:15 PM »

After paying ones bill you then find your car parked squeezed twixt two other cars and then to find the drivers seat so close to the steering wheel it was impossible to gain entry easily, and then to find the rear view mirror showing the back seats, it must have been a person of dreadfully short legs and a cranium with little or no neck attached.
A small thing  perhaps to some but I am not blessed with agility of a chimpanzee unlike the previous occupant of my cars driving seat.

Further to my earlier comment and on the issue of seat adjustment, I took my car to a Tesco Car Wash because I had a £5 off voucher for a platinum wash. The person who had driven my car round must have been a hobbit. Arms - no longer than 6 inches and legs no longer than 18 inches. I had to reach in and pull the seat back manually before I could get in in.

Tags:

anything