Author Topic: A Favorable Honda Jazz Road Test Review For Once  (Read 5085 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: A Favorable Honda Jazz Road Test Review For Once
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 10:41:22 PM »
Curiously, he suggests the cvt is only useful for urban use.  I find the low revs of the cvt at motorway speeds is a great asset.  Another curiosity in the review is the word "feelsome" about the steering - I've never seen this word before!

Good point. 2000 rpm at 70. A very relaxed motorway cruiser that's also good round town. Oddly the odd bit of motoring that isn't urban for me are short motorway bursts. A look at a map of where I live (Warrington) will show you what I mean.

I think it might get a bit frustrating if you did a lot of driving on A class roads out in the country.
I don't find it so, but then I don't tend to rush about anyway. I can easily keep up with other traffic (and am usually held up by them on bends) but if I need to get a move on it responds well enough to the accelerator. I live in a small rural town (albeit not far from the M40 and half way between Birmingham and London) so most of my driving is on rural main roads.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 06:53:25 AM »
the word "feelsome" about the steering - I've never seen this word before!
Not in the Oxford English dictionary.
]I'm pretty sure mine did, but it was the CVT-7 Sport which if I remember correctly was top of the range back then. Although seems odd if they only put that light on the Sport edition :-/
It is not in the Owners handbook (08) for any version of the Mk 1 Jazz. Found an online version here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/811004/Honda-Jazz.html?page=89#manual
and it is not on any dashboard configuration shown (pages 86 - 90)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 07:07:27 AM »
Do you know you can change the colours on this l am sure it goes from orange or pink to purple.

When I first got my Mk3 I tried to change the colours as in the manual, but it didn't work. There was a thread about it and others confirmed. I haven't tried since, but I have had some software updates (infotainment) since last trying so is it working now?

I agree with suggestion red/orange/green would much more intuitive. Even just orange/green. Blue conveys nothing.

barcam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 07:46:57 AM »
Curiously, he suggests the cvt is only useful for urban use.  I find the low revs of the cvt at motorway speeds is a great asset.  Another curiosity in the review is the word "feelsome" about the steering - I've never seen this word before!

I was on the motorway with the Wife doing 70mph, I asked is this quieter than my old Fiesta 2015 ecoboostat at this speed, yes said my Wife, so what more can I say. The rev-counter was showing just over 2200 revs with the throttle eased back for cruising, no cruise control. I believe the CVT version is higher geared than the manual.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:49:54 AM by Barcam »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 08:31:09 AM »

I was on the motorway with the Wife doing 70mph, I asked is this quieter than my old Fiesta 2015 ecoboostat at this speed, yes said my Wife, so what more can I say. The rev-counter was showing just over 2200 revs with the throttle eased back for cruising, no cruise control. I believe the CVT version is higher geared than the manual.

I have found the 2018 model to be quieter than my 2016 car, it is probably the stiffer bodyshell and improved sound insulation. I have had the facelift car for eight weeks but keep noticing things that work, feel, or sound subtly different to the previous car even ignoring the change to a bigger engine and CVT.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:26:58 PM by Skyrider »

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
the word "feelsome" about the steering - I've never seen this word before!
Not in the Oxford English dictionary.
]I'm pretty sure mine did, but it was the CVT-7 Sport which if I remember correctly was top of the range back then. Although seems odd if they only put that light on the Sport edition :-/
It is not in the Owners handbook (08) for any version of the Mk 1 Jazz. Found an online version here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/811004/Honda-Jazz.html?page=89#manual
and it is not on any dashboard configuration shown (pages 86 - 90)
My memory is playing tricks on me then. Oh well.

mcderd

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2018, 09:36:32 AM »

Mine has two shades of both. Dark blue, light blue, light green and bright green.

That's interesting, the manual says two blue and one green, I will look at mine more intently next time I go out. I must admit before I read the manual I thought it was just blue or green, did not realise there were two shades of blue.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 11:07:23 AM »

Mine has two shades of both. Dark blue, light blue, light green and bright green.

That's interesting, the manual says two blue and one green, I will look at mine more intently next time I go out. I must admit before I read the manual I thought it was just blue or green, did not realise there were two shades of blue.
Maybe I'm wrong about that as well :-/

I don't really pay it much attention since there's not much I can do about it. I don't control the gear ratio and either I want the power and it's blue or I don't and it's (probably) green. There are usually far more important things to be paying attention to ;)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 12:25:11 PM »
+1

The only reason I have not turned them off is the management likes the pretty lights!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:29:48 PM by Skyrider »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2018, 12:29:59 PM »
+1 for me as well.

I'd developed an unhealthy obsession with the ECO light and the gear shifter indicators on my MK2. I hardly notice the lights on the Mk3.

I might even be paying more attention to the road!!

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »
I tried to keep an eye on it this afternoon and it does appear to be two blue, one green.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »
I tried to keep an eye on it this afternoon and it does appear to be two blue, one green.

That's what mine does.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 01:52:44 PM »

That's what mine does.
This thread has prompted me to delve into the menus, where the only option offered
for the fuel economy backlight is "on or off".  I don't find it helpful so I turned it off, but it doesn't go off - it simply stays blue all the time!

Tags:

anything