Author Topic: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz  (Read 9925 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »
The other aspect of the auto headlights which has annoyed me is the long period (several minutes) that the lights stay on after being triggered by a few consecutive wipes of the windscreen even in bright sunlight. Has the facelift improved this aspect?

I can't see my exterior lights from inside the car in daylight, a light on the dashboard is certainly not going to annoy me. I don't see the problem.

+1 on the lights.
 What does annoy me are the "automatic" wipers that need as much adjusting as standard manual wipers this is the 3rd car I’ve had (2 Hondas and a Ford ) with them and they’re all the same, I don’t see why they bother fitting  them at all

Most automatic gimmicks seem to cause more problems than they are supposed to solve.  The more 'automatic' things vehicles get the more drivers attention is either distracted by them not working properly or lulled into a false sense of security and their attention wanders anyway.  If you don't know when wipers need to be turned on or lights are required it is questionable if you should be in control of a car. It is 'nanny state' thinking of the worst kind that motor manufacturers / governments seem to think these things are required.  As usual the behaviour of a fraction of a % of the population is seized upon by the nanny brigade and causes legislation to be enacted and costs to rise, where larger problems affecting far more people are ignored.

If semi-automatic functions that can (and often need to ) be overridden cannot be made to work,  I don't hold out much hope for level 4 and 5 autonomy for a long, long time - if ever.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2018, 01:43:05 PM »
The other aspect of the auto headlights which has annoyed me is the long period (several minutes) that the lights stay on after being triggered by a few consecutive wipes of the windscreen even in bright sunlight. Has the facelift improved this aspect?

I can't see my exterior lights from inside the car in daylight, a light on the dashboard is certainly not going to annoy me. I don't see the problem.

It doesn't bother me that lights are on when I don't need them but what does bother me is that drivers rely on this functionality and don't therefore switch them on in the fog, although I must admit foggy conditions are somewhat rare around here these days.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2018, 03:43:55 PM »

It doesn't bother me that lights are on when I don't need them but what does bother me is that drivers rely on this functionality and don't therefore switch them on in the fog, although I must admit foggy conditions are somewhat rare around here these days.

It is also a shame that the rear lights are not linked to the DRLs and the DRLs dim to become side (parking) lights should anyone be daft enough to drive without headlights if lights are required.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:02:01 PM by Skyrider »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2018, 07:44:51 PM »

+1 on the lights.
 What does annoy me are the "automatic" wipers that need as much adjusting as standard manual wipers this is the 3rd car I’ve had (2 Hondas and a Ford ) with them and they’re all the same, I don’t see why they bother fitting  them at all
Yup. The Mk2s were fine, I found one position that was suitable 99% of the time. Mk3..not so much. Like you I feel like I'm adjusting them more than if they were manual. The lights, though, I think are fine.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2018, 04:45:35 PM »
Here in sunny Scotland we are having the first wet almost a day in recent memory. I have driven about 100 miles in varying amounts of rain from A road spray, to light drizzle to persistent light rain. My wipers have been on auto  with the adjustment two clicks up from minimum throughout. The wipers worked perfectly and certainly far better than my 2016 Jazz. My headlights came on and went off with the auto wipers as they should.

Tags:

anything