Author Topic: I like the MK 3 Jazz because .....  (Read 19276 times)

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
I like the MK 3 Jazz because .....
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »
There seems to be a lot of negative comments on the Mk3 Jazz on here. There must be some good bits. Post here why you like the Mk 3 Jazz.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: I like the MK 3 Jazz because .....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
Just to put a different twist on it, there is nothing I dislike, but I think the auto headlights do come on to soon.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 05:27:11 PM »
The auto headlight thing was and is an issue with both my Mk 2 Jazzes. Pity this hasn't been sorted on the new car.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:23:51 PM »
I changed my Mk II for a Mk III in the hope of having a more comfortable ride, and to get a cvt version.  No regrets - the ride is a clear improvement, and the cvt provides for cruising at 65 to 70 mph at 2200 to 2500 rpm.  The better ride and the lower engine revs give a more relaxed journey, and the cvt saves a lot of hassle in urban driving.  The other obvious Jazz space advantages remain, and I expect it to be equally reliable. £550 for 5 years servicing is a further bonus.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 07:20:21 PM »
For me, the reduced dashboard glare relative to the Mk 2 was a key factor (but not everyone is seeing this reduction). Coming from the hybrid it also meant I had somewhere to put a spare wheel without occupying boot space.

The ride is a bit better and the extra length, although given to the rear seat passengers, does mean that significantly larger objects can be carried behind the front seats when the magic seats are flipped up.

The auto headlights behaved fine during the winter months but I expect they will start to annoy me again soon once the trees are in leaf and I drive through their shadows.

Cruising at 70 mph with the engine running at a barely audible <2,500 rpm is also very pleasant. However, at the other end, the CVT likes to rev itself when initially pulling away. This is initially annoying but I'm sure it reflects effort by Honda to optimise the engine economy and performance - low revs are frugal but don't give much power or torque. I also signed up to the £550 5 year service plan.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

jazzeck

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 08:55:43 PM »
Can you not switch off some of the 'gadgets' - for pupils, then switch on for others??

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »
Just to put a different twist on it, there is nothing I dislike, but I think the auto headlights do come on to soon.
They seem the same as on my Mk2 to be frank. The only change is that Mk3 lights also seem linked to the wipers. But my Mk2 would often put its headlights on on cold bright winter's days. I've even known it put the lights off when it clouded over  ???

So really no change there from Mk2 to Mk3 that I can tell. The wipers seem a bit harder to set correctly though. I keep having to adjust the sensitivity whereas the Mk2's could just be left alone.

DWF

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:06:56 PM »
I like the fact that the green 'Eco light' has gone from the Mk2, the green, turquoise, blue glow on the instruments looks better. I also find it easier to keep the fuel usage bar up in the 50+ area (not that I believe its a true reading) than the Mk2 which could only be done on a dead level road.
The windscreen blades feel a little more flexible which help them not 'fart' across the screen when a drop of water hits the sensor.
The 6 speed gearbox is also an improvement, it feels to 'snick' into gear much nicer, though getting used to the gear knob being able to be moved out of 5th is still strange (again the turquoise colour change helps).
I have also been able to add and display pictures to my MP3 tracks which is a novelty not yet worn off.

dzidrisiya

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 10:03:57 PM »
Love my mk3 se manual but wish now i had the auto. Cruise control for the 30 miles down the m5 every day is fantastic...at setting of 60mph (real world speed = 56mph) and i get 69mpg (real world 62mpg)
The auto lights CAN be hacked at start of journey but resets to "normal" at journey end/ignition off

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 11:06:07 PM »
I can park it!!!
I drove my Mk2 for over 4 years and I could not reverse into a space and get it right first time or even second or third time grhhh!!!. I would sit in the car and try to think what I had done wrong and I could not understand what I had done .
With the MK3 it goes in first time . Simple

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 11:27:33 AM »
The auto lights CAN be hacked at start of journey but resets to "normal" at journey end/ignition off
How? The only time "off" workd for me is when the car isn't moving.

Are your headlights triggered by rainfall?

John

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 11:19:35 PM »
I have not read this anywhere, and nor was I expecting a change, but I think the front windscreen pillars restrict visibility less. I think they are bit narrower and further out from central view than my Mk2.

The biggest factors for me are economy and rear seat space.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 07:55:05 AM »
I have not read this anywhere, and nor was I expecting a change, but I think the front windscreen pillars restrict visibility less. I think they are bit narrower and further out from central view than my Mk2.
You may change your view when it rains. There is a significant strip on the windscreen next to the pillar on the drivers side which isn't wiped and water collects because the pillar (now on the outside) blocks the water from being blown away.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 08:00:52 AM »
It feels like most my 900 miles have been in pouring rain during the last two weeks, and I haven't noticed this, but will look now.....

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 02:37:51 PM »
You may change your view when it rains. There is a significant strip on the windscreen next to the pillar on the drivers side which isn't wiped and water collects because the pillar (now on the outside) blocks the water from being blown away.
Yup. I've also noticed that one of the wipers (I forget which) deposits a line of drops on the screen on its way back. Also I keep having to tweak the sensitivity of the wipers whereas I hardly ever had to adjust my Mk2's wipers.

Tags: