Author Topic: Honda increases prices except for basic Jazz S  (Read 15681 times)

guest5679

Re: Honda increases prices except for basic Jazz S
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »
Ok Boys, we aren't selling many...so lets increase the price (of an already expensive model)!!
Do we actually know that the Mk3 Jazz is not selling well?  Do we have any firm evidence?  If it is true, no sales exec at a Honda dealership is going to admit it.

guest4871

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 11:41:21 AM »
Ok Boys, we aren't selling many...so lets increase the price (of an already expensive model)!!
Do we actually know that the Mk3 Jazz is not selling well?  Do we have any firm evidence?  If it is true, no sales exec at a Honda dealership is going to admit it.

Try this:

http://www.am-online.com/news/2015/1/29/how-honda-plans-to-double-its-dealers-profits/37675/

Or this:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/ford/uk-2014-car-sales-analysis-winners-and-losers/

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »
I agree Honda have lost the plot. The answer to falling market share? Put up prices.

I wonder if they are trying to do this on purpose - smaller turnover with bigger margins. It's hard to say.

I do know that one of my neighbours has spent BMW 3 series money on a Civic.

Crazy.

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »
I think that Honda have also done themselves no favours by excluding themselves from several market segments. Over the years they have dropped the NSX, S2000, F-RV and Accord and not replaced them with anything. They may not have been great sellers, but at least they provided a presence in those areas.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »
Maybe the consequence of bigger dealer margins will be bigger dealer discounts and the bottom line won't change significantly.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Alan

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 05:27:37 PM »
Absolutely no chance of bigger discounts as it is totally against Honda policy and any company that totally ignores its own customer opinions the way Honda do is on a slippery downward slope as I am afraid they are about to find out with plummeting sales.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 05:30:35 PM »
Crazy.

BMW not that reliable these days and with German cars under emissions spotlight may be better off with a Civic
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »

Try this:

http://www.am-online.com/news/2015/1/29/how-honda-plans-to-double-its-dealers-profits/37675/

Or this:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/ford/uk-2014-car-sales-analysis-winners-and-losers/

or even this  ;D

http://focus2move.com/world-top-100-cars-brand-ranking/
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5669

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »
Crazy.

BMW not that reliable these days and with German cars under emissions spotlight may be better off with a Civic

I'd take the Beemer over a civic especially 135m at 30k in blue. :P

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
Both the dealers I have spoken to are not aware of this price increase.
Also one dealer is offering interest free credit on the Jazz

guest5079

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »
The general trend does seem to be these days, that shareholders must be appeased. Often  we see  profit warnings etc. I am no economist but surely a profit is a profit, which doesn't seem to sit well with any company if they are not making at least  say 5% on their investment. I should think most members of the public would be satisfied with 3% on their investments BUT we are led by economists not common sense.
An example:  Both my Wife and I are considered to be virtually unable to walk, so parking in a blue badge area is an essential to give us enough room to open the car door completely in order to get out.
We had friends to visit and after deciding to go out for lunch we went to a local reservoir where they had a Cafe. Bearing in mind it was difficult enough to walk to the actual Cafe, we had to pay £2 for the privilege of buying food there. Yes I know, it's to get money from the people using the amenities. Fine, but I wrote to the Water company asking why in cases like ours could they do as Waitrose do in Okehampton, give the shopper a £1 towards parking charges. I think we spent over £50 for four.  I wasn't asking for  a freebie just a concession. NO REPLY. We pay the highest water bills in the UK we are told, so why not cream a few more bob off the punter and  I think this is indicative of modern business thinking. Service is a dirty word.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 09:10:20 PM »
Crazy.

I'd take the Beemer over a civic especially 135m at 30k in blue. :P

Well yes. My brother bought a 3 series 320i for  £30,000 last year. He got full leather and a range of options PLUS the status. My neighbour's Civic cost him a tad under £28,000.

I hear what people say about reliability but you can get reliability from a range of manufacturers none of whom charge what Honda do for a new car.

On the Jazz, I would say the base model should be around £10 grand. The SE should be no more than £12.5 but it was over £13 grand before the price rise.

It's madness. I love Honda but glad I buy second hand. The idea of paying £13 grand for a Jazz simply doesn't compute with me.

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 11:03:59 PM »
As a matter of interest I have checked the prices of the Fit on the US website and found that:
The EX Manual is $17700 List (= £11712) compared to the Jazz EX Manual UK list price of £15715.
Bear in mind also that the US Spec car is fitted with a 1500cc 130bhp engine and comes with a 5 year driveline warranty as well as the normal 3 year warranty.
I think Honda are taking the pee somewhat.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 12:57:51 AM »
status of a BMW lolololololol  thanks man you cheered me up

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »
status of a BMW lolololololol  thanks man you cheered me up

BMW have very clever marketing people,  other people sell cars they sell 'Status' to people with more money than sense (and an awful lot of company cars to people wanting status LOL)  - the BMW of the motor bike world are Harley-Davidson or 'The Milwaukee Tractor Company' (referring to agricultural nature of their engineering) also clever at marketing -  they don't sell motorbikes, they sell a lifestyle consisting people with long hair and  beards and no responsibilities riding the wide open roads of USA (they have to be wide open roads because Harleys 'don't do bends' very well. 

The initial price of a car is one thing, running costs are another,  my Hondas have cost me next to nothing in parts and repair costs,  but if you have a company car those costs are not paid by you anyway so why worry about them.

looks like problems in German car industry are endemic LOL

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/sep/24/bmw-shares-emissions-volkswagen

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:48:21 PM by culzean »

Tags: