Author Topic: Jazz 2013 - aircon provides hot air while in traffic jam  (Read 4350 times)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Jazz 2013 - aircon provides hot air while in traffic jam
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
In EV's presumably the aircon compressor is run by an electric motor?

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz 2013 - aircon provides hot air while in traffic jam
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »
Found something interesting the other day while looking at something on my Civic when I took the plastic cover above the radiators off (will undoubtedly be the same on the Jazz).

The engine cooling rad runs the full width of the front and has both fans attached to it, the aircon radiator is very slim (this rad is on the high pressure side of aircon system) and sits in front of the engine rad, almost completely covering it.  This means that the radiator you can see when you look through the cut-outs in the bumper is entirely the aircon rad, and it is the first line of defence for stones hitting the main engine radiator.  Also explains why both fans have to operate when aircon is working, the aircon rad is creating hot air in front of the engine radiator so to prevent overheating and to have sufficient air passing through both radiators it needs both fan to be running.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything