Author Topic: Front sensing camera problems  (Read 1954 times)

Ps

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz hybrid 2021
Front sensing camera problems
« on: May 10, 2022, 02:47:44 PM »
Anyone having problems with front sensing camera and flashing warning lights/no cruise control and associated functions. Front camera replaced once after 2 months now gone again and replacement not available.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Front sensing camera problems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 02:51:42 PM »
...Only some things being unavailable when the camera had an obstructed due to some ice remnants.
Not experienced anything like that otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 03:42:56 PM by shufty »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »
There was another recent post with a front camera failure........I looked it up and it was your other post.

The only issue we've seen is when moisture gets into the housing and you do get a message that the camera has been temporarily turned off.

I had that once but it corrected itself in minutes.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 02:57:18 PM »
There is a random intermittent issue I've had in my Jazz, along with a car magazine in their long term HRV.

You are driving along on a trip using cruise control, when you go to reengage it later in the trip but it doesn't work - you just get a beep and it won't switch on.

Some time later it will work again.

Regarding the issues I've had with my infotainment, one of the questions Honda technical asked was what the temperature was at the time.

Maybe the camera units also have temperature issues but are not triggering the screen warning about temperature?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 03:19:47 PM by sportse »

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 03:00:52 PM »
On one occasion LKA positioned the car to the very edge of the lane. I put this down to blinding evening sunshine / combined with a wet motorway following a thunderstorm. Otherwise faultless over 7K km.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 03:18:59 PM »
FYI from Autocar's long term review of their HRV - it's the same exact issue I have had in the Jazz:

" I tried to reactivate it, only to be met with a bong and ‘OFF’ by the cruise symbol. This weird self-cancellation has occurred several times since, and in perfect conditions – so surely not due to obscured sensors. To test this theory, I pulled over and restarted the car, at which point it let me use cruise again."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/hr-v/long-term-reviews/honda-hr-v-2022-long-term-review

I thought the HRV was supposed to use an 'improved' camera but maybe it's not much different from the Jazz .

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 03:36:49 PM »
I've never had any issues, but, I don't think I use anything that uses the front camera.

I turn RDMS off and I don't use ACC or LKAS. CMBS has never triggered.

If Honda have asked about temperature then they may have some known error codes or similar.

I see the Autocar tester also had potentially dangerous issues with RDMS. He had no need to indicate so RDMS tried to steer him into parked cars.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 03:44:48 PM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

Jazzist

• Approved Member
  • The Jazzdriving Dutchman
  • My Honda: Jazz Executive 2021
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 06:08:30 PM »
During a holiday trip to Portugal I experienced 2 times that the ACC-system spontaneously failed on the highway. Only by restarting the car did the system work again. My Hondadealer could not give an explanation for the problem after checking.
The Honda Forum unites the World.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 06:28:32 PM »
Mine ACC has failed only a couple of times in 14k miles, but on both occasions the screen was clear and it wasn't hot weather.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 07:42:37 PM »
Today about 50 km. (31 mi), of which 35 km. (21 mi) on good, wide local A roads with good markings. Speed, depending on traffic from 70 kmh (43 mph) to 90 kmh (56 mph). The other 15 km. (10 mi) on narrow country roads, speed between 40 kmh (25 mph) and 70 kmh (43 mph).
On the local A roads I used LKAS. Worked fine (as usual).
On the country roads, RDMS also proved several times that it works well.
Because I know what to expect it didn't send me into oncoming traffic... ;D

Conclusion: today the camera worked well, as it has always done so far. I hope it stays that way for years to come...
ACC usually works properly, but not used today. No motorway and only driven in B-mode.

Nice surprise when back home: consumption according to the BC 3.4 l/100 km (83.1 mpg), which in reality probably will be around 3.55 l/100 km (80 mpg).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 01:46:52 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything