Author Topic: Reset "Airbag warning light"  (Read 2125 times)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Reset "Airbag warning light"
« on: February 18, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »
The passenger seat had to be removed from the car to eradicate an obnoxious smell from the upholstery

There are 2, seperately colour-coded connectors under the seat which were unplugged and then re-inserted when the seat was replaced

After this, about 6 or 7 seconds after the ignition is switched on, the airbag warning light comes on

Have tried the usual fixes displayed on the net without success

Honda agents want an astonishingly huge sum to fix this (equivalent of £110) citing all kinds of tests and palava

Any bright ideas?
If music be the food of love, play on

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Reset "Airbag warning light"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 07:51:38 PM »
You may have to have it reset using the Honda diagnostic tool, or it should be possible with one of the professional multi-brand diagnostic systems like Delphi or Snap-On, used by many smaller garages. Of course, something may have been disturbed during the work, and in that case you will need a code-read in any case, to work out what's going on.

For future reference, you must deactivate the airbag system, before disconnecting any airbags or seat pre-tensioners. Not only will this prevent spurious SRS faults, it also minimises the risks of accidental activation - which can be very dangerous indeed.

With the keys removed from the ignition, disconnect the starting battery, then wait at least 3 minutes - this is to allow the energy stored in the airbag backup capacitors to dissipate. You must do this before starting any work involving the SRS system.  Store any removed airbags face up, away from the work area. Reconnect all the airbags before reconnecting the battery.

Tags: