Author Topic: Drivers Rear View Mirrow  (Read 2133 times)

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
Drivers Rear View Mirrow
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »
Hello. I've had my 1.2 manual gearbox Jazz just over two weeks now, it will be a year old this week so it's a 13 plate.
My wife doesn't understand why the driver (me) has a mirror in the the sun visor and the "All Important" passenger doesn't!  :o
Anyway this leads on to the reason for my post. The car was a demonstrator / loan car etc from a dealer in Maidstone so I expect is pretty standard (no alterations in any way) setup. When I sit in the drivers seat with the seat down at eye level just to the left of my centre of vision is the rear view mirror. I have to wind my head round it to see if the lights have changed or the filter light comes on at junctions. Should it be in the middle of the screen (top to bottom)? Bit of an exaggeration but at the top centre is a sort of braided looking section to the windscreen, this is where all my previous vehicles had the mirror mount, however on my car the mount itself is about 2 inches below the lowest part of the "braided" section so the mirror itself is at eye level. I had a quick look at another and that was also the same so I assume that is the correct position?? Is there any good reason for this, better visibility behind is secondary to being able to see out the front!
Am I turning into Victor Meldrew? I still love the car, came from a Note diesel which was also very good and reliable.
Does anyone else find the mirror positioning awkward?
Best wishes John

guest4324

Re: Drivers Rear View Mirrow
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:00:29 AM »
Hi, first of all I think the mirror is missing from your wifes sunvisor!
As to the rear view mirror, mine is located like yours as I guess they all are, and at first I had the same problem, all I do now is stop a couple of feet short of the line at traffic lights.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »
Passenger vanity mirror is fitted from next model up  SE.
Honda drivers are obviously more vain than passengers !
My 2012 Jazz ES has rear view mirror mounted where your one is, the marking on the screen is a sun-screen. 

JohnAlways

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:47:49 PM »
Hi thanks for replies. Mine is the "S +AC" model so I suspect it doesn't have a vanity mirror for the "missus"! :)
The sun visor bit is useless on the screen, the mirror mounted in that location is better. Well I'll do as suggested and park further away whilst waiting for the lights to change. It's really only a minor gripe, and if it ever falls off or I have a windscreen replaced I'll maybe have it moved higher up then. I must admit I had 3 windscreens replaced in my Berlingo through stones being thrown up, a small chip on the note (didn't require replacing). The Berlingo had a very upright screen which maybe made it more prone, the sleeker rake on the Jazz hopefully will aid "stone skimming" :)
Just waiting for my Space Saver wheel (Rover 25 version) to arrive as suggested on the forum. I work on the theory If I'm prepared it doesn't happen:) Bet we all say that!
Bye for now
John

Tags:

anything