Author Topic: Air conditioning  (Read 2900 times)

guest4287

Air conditioning
« on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:52 PM »
Hi I hope you can help me. When I press the air condition button it does not light up so how do I know if it is working I know it would be cold air coming out the vents but this time of year you don't need cold air  :D but some one at work said that I should leave the air con on all the time.i hope you can help me thank you.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Air conditioning
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
when the aircon is working both the engine and the aircon radiator fans should come on,  and you should hear the pump magnetic clutch (which connects pump drive to engine when required) coming in and out - if you turn aircon on and nothing happens it is probably out of gas,  as there is a pressure sensor on the system that stops it running if gas gets too low.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4287

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 05:35:37 AM »
Thank you yes it's working great  :D

guest3735

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 05:35:20 PM »
also note that it could be in perfect working condition but for the light to come on it needs to have the fan on. position 0 would switch everything off.....

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
but this time of year you don't need cold air  :D but some one at work said that I should leave the air con on all the time.

I never turn my aircon off. Obviously in the summer it is for cool air flow but in the winter it keeps the interior free of mist and damp.
The heater temperature will always overcome the cold air from the aircon but the air will be drier.
Having the aircon on does have a slight effect on fuel consumption but I think it is acceptable.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
I never turn my aircon off.

my wife never turns it on - and as a result her windows are always fogged up,  she says it's because she only does short journeys, I say it's because she won't use the aircon in winter - I have to top up gas every summer because it leaks out during winter when seals never get a workout.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: