Author Topic: Judder  (Read 4229 times)

guest1013

Judder
« on: December 06, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »
Hi, I have an 04 jazz auto with which I am delighted, I recently thought of upgrading to a newer model
however on test driving my car the dealer said it had a faulty gearbox as it gave a slight judder when taking off up an incline, he said it was a £1500 repair job and wanted to knock that amount off of his offer, I of course declined, it is virtually unnoticable in day to day driving, Iv'e had the gearbox fluid changed to the latest CVT honda oil, but its still the same, is this a known fault? will it get worse, as I was unaware of this judder should I just continue to drive the vehicle, any advice would be most welcome. only k25 miles.
                                      Thank you
                                             petemark

Berisford

• Approved Member
Re: Judder
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »
Oops!
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1291656026 -----
My judder returned 18 months or so after the new oil was used, I mentioned it to the dealer and they did some minor (free) procedure and it was fixed.

Can't remember 100% but I think they called it a 'gearbox bleed'?

Either way, they didn't seem in anyway surprised and weren't full of doom and gloom when I mentioned it, unlike 18 moths earlier when another dealer played dumb and hard to get and charged me £70 or so to change the gearbox oil.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:21:03 PM by Berisford »

guest1513

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:33:58 AM »
There seems to be a Honda extended warranty for the starter clutch?  That might be your solution.

guest1461

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »
Yes the warrenty is 7 years for this so get down your local dealer and get it sorted before it runs out.

Tags:

anything