Author Topic: Jazz alarm going off at random  (Read 12850 times)

guest1776

Jazz alarm going off at random
« on: December 03, 2010, 05:27:22 AM »
Apologies if this has been covered before on this forum - I did check but it's 5am and I'm a little tired...

I'm housesitting and the alarm on my dad's Honda Jazz (2006 / 2007) has been going off (beeping, indicators flashing) since 3am, every few minutes, in approximately 30 second bursts.

I tried switching on the ignition and keeping it running a few minutes then turning it off again, but the problem persisted. I even tried leaving it unlocked (and presumably unalarmed), but after 30 seconds it locks itself and a minute later the alarm will go off again.

At the moment I'm having to sit awake in the house and every time it self locks, unlock remotely (every 30 seconds!) using the key fob before the alarm sounds again. Frustrating!

I'm having difficulty locating the manual and as it's not my car I'm not even sure that it's an alarm that is on all Honda Jazz models (though from what I can tell it is a Honda alarm system). So I apologise if this is the wrong place to be asking about this.

I may be clutching at straws here, but if anybody can help it'd be much appreciated. A tip on disabling the alarm could be helpful for starters!

Thanks in advance!

p.s. it's around minus 6 degrees celsius in case that's a factor (though it shouldn't be), it rarely gets this cold here!

bill888

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz alarm going off at random
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 06:23:41 AM »
Just a quick thought.  You could leave one of the doors slightly open.  That should prevent the central locking from automatically locking the doors after a minute, and subsequently arming the alarm.

May be worth checking the condition of the battery.  There is an indicator on top of the battery.  A failing battery was responsible for false alarms on a car we once owned.

Hopefully, someone who is familiar with the alarm system will offer better advice on how to disable the alarm.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:50:07 AM by bill888 »
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

guest1776

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 07:28:27 AM »
Thanks for the help, Bill - I'll check the battery out once it's a little lighter outside.
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1291364919 -----
For the record - I just spoke to the local Honda dealership / garage - they suspected it was indeed down to the cold (as low as -12C overnight here interfering with the alarm sensors / the alarm battery)

Not sure why this didn't cross my mind earlier... to unlock with the remote then lock the driver's door manually with the key - locking the car but not switching on the alarm.

guest1374

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
Hi

Did you get to the bottom of the problem ? I thought when you locked the car with the key the alarm still activated ?

I have a similar problem and its only started with the freezing weather

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »
The 2006/2007 Jazz didn't have an alarm as standard. If it is a Honda alarm then it was installed by a Honda dealer.

guest1776

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »
Hi Davie,

After locking the car with the key alone the alarm isn't activated, on this car at least, so that's what I'm doing at the moment while this cold weather persists.

Hope you manage to work it out!

Tags: