Author Topic: Replacing the Honda double din with an aftermarket one, some questions  (Read 4090 times)

Jebbediah4

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz MK2 EXL
Hi all,

I have tried to find an answer to this specific question but only found ones relating to single din to double din conversions.

My MK2 Jazz already has the OEM double din that looks like this:

I'm looking to replace the OEM head unit with a 7" Pioneer head unit for Carplay etc (the OEM one has outdated maps, no DAB, and is a pain to use). Do I need to purchase a fascia replacement, or will the one that comes with the OEM head unit be fine for an aftermarket head unit?

Also can the USB-C lead that goes from the head unit to the phone be passed through the center console and into the small box under the arm rest?

Finally, is there any suggestion for what to do with the USB port build into the dashboard/console which is near the gear shifter? Does it typically work with aftermarket head units?

Am grateful for any responses or suggestions.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Re: Replacing the Honda double din with an aftermarket one, some questions
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 08:41:56 AM »
Hi

You should not need to change the facia you have. It looks to be the correct facia we had to buy

You can fit any 2 din (or 1 din) but would need a few extra connectors such as plug converters for you chosen head unit

I am not sure if you already have the steering wheel control box, but if not, if you search the forum it shows you the one you need to let the steering wheel controls work

You place your usb lead anywhere you want to, it just needs routing etc...

On ours and I believe on most replacement head units, the usb by the gear stick is not used due to the connector been specific to Honda head unit.

We changed ours and also installed 2 rear screens and it has DAB, sat nav, dvd, phone, digital tv, pvr, games, music, reverse camera, dash cam etc... all screens are 10.4” touch screens

Many thanks

John

Jebbediah4

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz MK2 EXL
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 03:24:29 PM »
Thanks pal, and that is an amazing setup! Not sure about the Freddy Kruger image though  ::)

porew

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: HRV Sport MY2020, Jazz Hybrid MY2011
Hi

You should not need to change the facia you have. It looks to be the correct facia we had to buy

You can fit any 2 din (or 1 din) but would need a few extra connectors such as plug converters for you chosen head unit

I am not sure if you already have the steering wheel control box, but if not, if you search the forum it shows you the one you need to let the steering wheel controls work

You place your usb lead anywhere you want to, it just needs routing etc...

On ours and I believe on most replacement head units, the usb by the gear stick is not used due to the connector been specific to Honda head unit.

We changed ours and also installed 2 rear screens and it has DAB, sat nav, dvd, phone, digital tv, pvr, games, music, reverse camera, dash cam etc... all screens are 10.4” touch screens

Many thanks

John

Hi, what's the manufacturer/model name of your android HU please? I'm still considering one, but there are just too many around to pick from...

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Hi porew

I am sorry it is not a branded hu and is a few years or more old

It is a hexacore though, so when your reviewing hu, look at memory and cores

The good news is the hu are becoming cheaper all the time

Many thanks

John

Jazz hybrid

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz hybrid
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 10:01:07 AM »
Good morning . I have a Honda jazz hybrid 2011 . I want to upgraded my head unit to a more modern one . Where I can watch movies and wireless Apple Play . Please someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction where and what equipment I will need .
Thank in advance

easyneos

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz i-vtec es-t 1.4 2012
I have the same clairon unit i have replaced with  : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265787784754,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266416234630,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006709608909.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.15.22e118027zMWRq

connection cables is the most important bit and android unit needs to be have at least 4gm ram. It fits like a glow .
Silence is easy.

Tags: