Author Topic: Transporting a bike.  (Read 1330 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Transporting a bike.
« on: February 01, 2020, 10:51:03 AM »
I have decided that my cycling days are long over so today I am taking my bike over to Tranent for our grandson to use. I tried to get it in the rear seating area but it would not fit. It is a large Raleigh gents bike, with a 27" frame, huge wheels, mudguards, the lot. I took the front wheel off but I would have needed the front mudguard off and the handlebars skewed. That was too much disassemble for my liking. I was however able to put it in the boot. I had to move the passenger seat forward a notch (other half always has it fully back), but at least it required nothing more than the front wheel off. It is amazing the capacity of the Jazz load area.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Transporting a bike.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »
Definitely - it could easily double up as a small van.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 12:11:39 PM »
Definitely - it could easily double up as a small van.
Mine is being used by my youngest's girlfriend at the moment. When he passes his test and has a year or two more of savings he is going set up as an independent tiler and the Jazz will become his van. One of the benefits over an actual van will be people will see there are no tools left in it.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »
Good point Richard. There has been a spate of thefts from vans round our way including our neighbour who is a joiner. On occasions the thieves have cut a hole in the rear door if they can't defeat any additional locks that might be in place.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »
One of the benefits over an actual van will be people will see there are no tools left in it.

Not as conspicuous as a van either.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 05:48:24 PM »
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/bci0276/what-can-fit-in-your-honda-fit/
Jesus wept! I followed this link, then clicked the first image. This was of a guy converting a generation 1 CRV (a car I once had) to a camper car for a 13,000 mile road trip in the USA. Just spent an hour and a half reading about his build and then some of his trip.

If you want to read it yourself, the link below is of his trip, but the first link in there is to the thread all about his build. It is quite fascinating but a huge time-sink.

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/life-from-my-honda-camping-and-traveling-for-the-next-few-months.39969/

Enjoy.

Tags:

anything