Author Topic: Key fob  (Read 580 times)

georgewainwright1210

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4
Key fob
« on: September 19, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »
Strange one , carnt see how this would be related in any way , but I changed my anti roll bar drop links which appart from getting the old ones off went ok ,
But for some reason my car wont lock on the remote . It will lock pressing the button fine but wont lock , it locks fine manually on the key and start and runs as before just won't lock pressing the lock button on the fob , even the spare fob and key are exactly the same ???? Very odd must admit  , I've got new batteries coming in the morning just checking incase but even the spare does exactly the same . Is there any strange reason why this might be happening ??????? Oh it's a 2004 jazz 1.4 ( or 1.3 never know how it's classed )
Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 09:04:05 PM by georgewainwright1210 »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Key fob
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 09:28:35 PM »
Welcome. If you did a lot of hammering trying to get the drop links off, you could have disturbed something. Maybe a dodgy connector finally dropped off.
I was a maintenance engineer for over thirty years, and I know that when something goes wrong on a usually reliable bit of kit suspect what you last did to it! Not always the case, but it makes a good starting point.

Tags:

anything