Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Battery challenge 2016 jazz
« Last post by 1643 on Today at 07:02:01 AM »
Interesting discussion. Id go with installing one of the Noco - on board battery chargers, and plug it in at the end of your journey. That way your lead acid stop start car battery would not be left in a discharged state for too long after a 100 stop journey. The built in mechanisms to protect the battery will disable stop start when the battery is too low to continue stop start operation.

I dont know what a Noco is but I have a battery charger that is designed for all kinds of batteries except lithium and also has the feature once fully charged it maintains it at full charge, before changing to lithium I was leaving car charging if not making any journeys after work so it was fully charged in the morning yet no stop start cause the car remembered it was not charged up when I last turned engine off. Stop-start would then only come on after a long drive with fan on. Even before starting courier job when the shortest journeys were 2-3 miles and daily mileage 100-150 miles stop-start hardly ever activated in a 1 year old battery and I needed to replace battery every 18 months or so I thought lithium will be more durable and it is suitable for stop start applications just need the computer to accept it
« Last post by DomnicZZ on Today at 06:40:26 AM »
Interesting discussion. Id go with installing one of the Noco - on board battery chargers, and plug it in at the end of your journey. That way your lead acid stop start car battery would not be left in a discharged state for too long after a 100 stop journey. The built in mechanisms to protect the battery will disable stop start when the battery is too low to continue stop start operation.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: tpms fitted?
« Last post by Top Down on Today at 06:24:57 AM »
TPMS wasn't fitted to the Mk2 until the last year of production, so 2015. There MIGHT be the odd 2014 registered car with it but I've yet to see one myself.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Dash board reflection
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 05:37:27 AM »
As per another post. I accidentally polished mine during cleaning but some ArmorAll matt wipes fixed it.
« Last post by sportse on Today at 05:27:35 AM »
You can get a can or pack of Simoniz Matt dash spray/wipes from Amazon or Halfords.

I had the problem on a earlier car, caused by a valet before delivery where they must have used some cheap cleaner/furniture polish.

All the plastics were shiny until Id cleaned them properly and removed their treatment.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / oil for Honda Jazz 1.4 I-DSI SE CVT-7 5dr 2005
« Last post by seeknp on Today at 12:04:42 AM »
Hi.

Can someone please tell me what engine oil my Honda Jazz uses please?

Thank you

Alistair
Usk
Wales
« Last post by Jazzik on June 16, 2021, 11:06:12 PM »
It is dngerous for me if I dont have the felt or poloriods

Maybe try looking through the windscreen instead of looking at the windscreen...  8)
« Last post by embee on June 16, 2021, 10:01:31 PM »
I have 3 bikes with the Shido LiFePO batteries which are plug-and-play in the bikes, no issues with the charging, the batteries look after that on the standard reg/recs.
The Li battery to replace a 10Ah Yuasa YTZ14S weighs one kg compared to 4kg for the lead one.

You need an inventive electronics person to come up with some way to convince the car that it's OK, could be tricky. Let us know if you succeed.
« Last post by E27006 on June 16, 2021, 10:01:14 PM »
A recommendation is that a car alternator or a motorcycle alternator/ regulator/rectifier  is not intended to charge a battery from very low state of charge, It puts too much load on the vehicle charging system, it is good practice to recharge the flat battery with a mains charger.
« Last post by nowster on June 16, 2021, 09:58:06 PM »
100 stops in 5 miles? Have you thought of getting a milk float?

Seriously, though, this is the sort of job that electric vehicles (and to a lesser extent hybrids) excel at. It's why you see so many Priuses used as private hire minicabs nowadays.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10