Author Topic: New style Honda Jazz Seat Comfort  (Read 3735 times)

Secada

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
New style Honda Jazz Seat Comfort
« on: September 15, 2019, 12:53:18 PM »
Hi there so sorry to bring up the much talked about issue of the Mk2 Jazz Back Crippling Seats but I was wondering if anyone felt they were much better in the newest model Jazz . I have a 14 plate ES Plus manual in white and I love everything about the car apart from the back ache !! It’s perfect the colour the economy your best buddy for reliability nippy sweet gearchange but oh god the aches and pains !! The seats feel squishier in the MK3 but before I get the whirlwind of the showroom I thought I’d ask owners of the new shape about the seats passengers even comment on my car seats being rock hard
Many thanks

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
Re: New style Honda Jazz Seat Comfort
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
Neither my OH or myself ever had a problem with our MK2 Jazz seats on long or short journeys, I am 6' 2" and she is 5' 4" yet others appear to find them uncomfortable, personally never could work out why. ::)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »
Never had a problem with Jazz MK1 or MK2 seats,  but you have to follow some simple rules when setting up seats in any car.

https://m.wikihow.com/Adjust-Seating-to-the-Proper-Position-While-Driving
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 05:58:45 PM »
I too have had no problems with seating in either Mk 2 or Mk 3, and haven't noticed any real difference.  However, I have found the Mk3 ride to be more comfortable.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 09:19:54 PM »
I have to agree with Downsizer, no problem at all with the the Mk2 or Mk3 seats, also agree the ride seems to be better, more supple, on the 2020MY cars, although it could be imagination!

Don't forget that steering wheel can be adjusted for height and reach to help obtain the optimum driving position.
I have in the past covered 400 miles in a day without any problem, but as Culzean says, you do need to pay attention to the optimum seat setup.

Andyjm15

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 SE manual. Lunar silver
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »
I agree with the comments about ride quality. The Mk3 is leaps and bounds better than the Mk2.
As far as seat comfort is concerned, the crucial thing for me is getting the seat height correct so that the backs of my legs are supported. With the seat all the way down my legs are clear of the seat and all my weight is supported by my backside. That gets uncomfortable very quickly.
The downside of raising the seat is that the top of the dash, specifically the lights on indicator, is hidden by the steering wheel rim, but I’ll live with that for a comfortable seat.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »
The downside of raising the seat is that the top of the dash, specifically the lights on indicator, is hidden by the steering wheel rim, but I’ll live with that for a comfortable seat.
Can you not adjust the steering wheel height to give you a good view of the instrument panel?

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 04:04:49 PM »
I've gone a stage further and made some spacer blocks and longer bolts to raise the seat even higher than the current maximum.
Most of my earlier driving history was with Landrover products and I just like the high driving position, with my head maybe 20mm  clear of the roof
The downside of course is, as Andyjim15 says, I can't see the various indicator lights, but again I'll live with that.

Andyjm15

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 04:32:42 PM »
Can you not adjust the steering wheel height to give you a good view of the instrument panel?
It’s already at its highest sadly. It has to be, any lower and my knee hits it before the clutch is released.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:36:48 PM by Andyjm15 »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 06:06:36 PM »
With my Mk 1 I have the steering wheel really low so my ScanGauge doesn't hide the indicator tell tales.

Even at 6ft 1" my knees come nowhere near the steering wheel, clutch in or out.

Andyjm15

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 06:48:33 PM »
Jocko,
To give you an idea of how the Mk3 wheel affects things, the chrome trim at the top of the speedo is not visible at all with the seat raised or wheel lowered. The rim would actually be close to covering the 80mph number in your photo.

I’m not sure what dimension they have changed for the clutch problem, but I first noticed it on a 2008 Civic I was trying to test drive. I literally could not let the clutch up. It was undriveable for me, though clearly not for everyone. The Mk3 Jazz is nowhere near that bad. With the wheel at its highest my knee misses the wheel easily enough.
I must have an unusual body shape I suppose.

I like the Mk3 very much, little niggles and all, and I don’t regret buying it as long as it reliably lasts me at least 10 years, but there’s a lot of good things about cars from 10+ years ago like yours and I think I read you said you intend to keep it. Good move imho.
I’m still sad I got rid of my 2003 Civic despite the rust I could see eventually becoming an issue, and watch HubNut YouTube videos with a certain amount of envy even though I know I’m not capable of the maintenance needed anymore.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 07:16:55 PM »
I had a Mk 3 on loan, less than 200 miles on the clock at the time. I just got in, slid the seat back to suit my leg length, and went. No issues. I've never has a problem fitting in any car. Even at 20 stone.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 09:16:18 PM »
Just checked my seat setup again,
Seat fully back, maximum height plus 15mm spacers on the rear mounts, steering wheel, max height and fully back towards me. I can see the headlight monitor light (just) and my knees are miles away from the wheel, not that that particularly matters since it's CVT.
All in all a very comfortable position and would have no problem driving 250 plus miles in a day.

Don't get me started on my old cars, mostly AR products Metro, Rover 200 and the like, even my Rover 3500S wasn't as comfortable as the Jazz.

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 11:56:05 AM »
I've had my 2017 Jazz EX now for almost 6 months, have done numerous 1hr30mins+ journeys and neither my wife nor myself have complained about uncomfortable seats. However, we do compare the ride compared to my previous car which was a Suzuki Ignis Sport on coilovers and was very stiff, so the Jazz is a breath of fresh air!

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »
Last summer, two more than1200miles in  each 8h30min journey in italian highways (with 5 minutes refuels), nobody in my jazz suffered about low confort so seats are ok. Even my mother in law, who decided to stay inside the car during the refuel.

Tags:

anything