Author Topic: Phone sync  (Read 1611 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Phone sync
« on: August 31, 2019, 02:39:51 PM »
Hi
I have an iPhone 7 and it does not want to sync with phone icon on jazz, the only way is to turn off/on Bluetooth and reconnect then is ok, have to do this every time I use the car. Has anyone else had this issue? Perhaps the jazz is particularly in which phone it uses.   Many thanks

guest7494

Re: Phone sync
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 08:10:06 PM »
Hi
I have an iPhone 7 and it does not want to sync with phone icon on jazz, the only way is to turn off/on Bluetooth and reconnect then is ok, have to do this every time I use the car. Has anyone else had this issue? Perhaps the jazz is particularly in which phone it uses.   Many thanks

I have IPhone 7plus connects every time without fail, suggest a perusal of handbook it might put some light on the subject  plus I am sure there are settings on the infamous Infotainment screen to facilitate connection.
good luck

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »
Hi

I have IPhone 7plus connects every time without fail, suggest a perusal of handbook it might put some light on the subject  plus I am sure there are settings on the infamous Infotainment screen to facilitate connection.
good luck

I used to have a iPhone 6s and now a iPhone X both of which connect without issue I haven’t had to change any settings on the infotainment screen after first setting them up. There is a setting in the phone Bluetooth settings to allow phone syncing perhaps it might be worth checking ?

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »
Hi

good luck

I used to have a iPhone 6s and now a iPhone X both of which connect without issue I haven’t had to change any settings on the infotainment screen after first setting them up. There is a setting in the phone Bluetooth settings to allow phone syncing perhaps it might be worth checking ?
Ralph, I have checked and all looks ok, sync is set.  Will see how it goes. Ty

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 12:56:58 PM »
Hi

good luck
Does it connect automatically when you start the car up, can you see the calls that have been made, did ask to sync names and numbers but has not done it lately.  Ty.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 01:22:02 PM »
Another thought, is there more than one phone programmed into the system could it be trying to connect to the wrong one first. As I’ve only ever had one phone connected (I deleted the old one before setting up the new one)I don’t know how it behaves when two or more are setup

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 02:01:14 PM »
Yes, perhaps it is trying to connect to the previous owner's phone first.

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 09:11:25 PM »
Another thought, is there more than one phone programmed into the system could it be trying to connect to the wrong one first. As I’ve only ever had one phone connected (I deleted the old one before setting up the new one)I don’t know how it behaves when two or more are setup
There is my wife’s phone, perhaps need to delete hers and try it again.   Ty for your replies

Tags: