Author Topic: Snapped wing mirror - please help before my husband sees!  (Read 6934 times)

guest3820

Snapped wing mirror - please help before my husband sees!
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
I have a 2005 Honda Jazz and have discovered that the wing mirror has snapped off. The plastic inside the unit that holds the wing mirror on and upright appears to have sheared - can this be mended, repaired or replaced without considerable expense?

The wing mirrors are heated/electric/fold-in/same colour as the paintwork and I'm loathed to pay for a new one as the electrics and moveable parts are still working and there is no external damage.

how2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4SE sport 2004
Re: Snapped wing mirror - please help before my husband sees!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:17:40 PM »
It's going to cost you at least £250 including fitting, that's what I was quoted for my Honda Jazz 2004 model, which has heated mirror but not electric. I choose to use gaffer tape to keep it in place works fine.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:27:09 AM »
You could glue it but if the plastic is damaged or stretched where it snapped off it is not going to work.  If it is a clean break then adhesive might work, but the surfaces need to be clean and dry and hardening is helped by it being warm (over 20 deg).  If you are going the glue route, then try a quick set epoxy
If music be the food of love, play on

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:44:47 PM »
These things happen, its just a minor matter.
Jazz mirror units + replacement unit can be sourced via Google or E Bay and a quick search will reveal painted none painted replacements fitting is not a 5 min task however, a further search on the forum may produce previous postings.

Tags:

anything