Author Topic: Strange Noise  (Read 2154 times)

guest3128

Strange Noise
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
Hi,

Bought a Jazz 1.2 i-VTEC SE in March, which has a 59 plate and has run about 14,000 miles. Shortly after I got it, noticed that it jadders when I change from 1st to 2nd gear, more precisely, the jadder happens when I press the clutch down, not on the gear changing itself. Took it back to the main dealer which sold me the car, a technican there said it could be caused by a worn gearbox bearing. I wasn't very convinced at the time, but he sounded very positive. They changed the bearing  about 5 weeks ago under Honda warrenty. However the problem is still there. Recently, I also notice that when I do reverse parking very slowly(after about 10 minute driving), the engine makes a loud noise, sounds like some kind of fan (probably the radiator fan) starts running. It lasts for about 30-60 seconds, then quiet down, and then happens again a few minutes later even when the car is idle. I checked that the high temperature indicator was not on which seemed to mean that the engine was not overheated. I don't think the engine was overheated as it hadn't been driven long and not being in low gear for long either.

Has anyone got similar experience of the noise? Is this normal?
Could it be related to the gearbox bearing change done by the garage?

Any suggestons/comments will be appreciated.

Ian

caseyjones

• Topic Starter
Re: Strange Noise
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »
No idea what your clutch judder might be - it's very difficult to diagnose these things without experiencing them first-hand. I can only suggest you persist with the dealer.

The fan noise is exactly that. If your air conditioning is switched on, the electric cooling fan will cycle on and off at intervals, regardless of the temperature of the engine. This is normal.

Tags:

anything