Author Topic: Help me Jazz up my Fit please  (Read 5009 times)

guest3312

Help me Jazz up my Fit please
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:45:04 PM »
Okay, in the event that you did not see my introductory posting, I will explain:
I live in the states, purchased a 2012 Fit Sport yesterday, looking to re-badge/brit up the car.

What I'm wondering is, Besides the floor carpets and rear badge, is there any thing that says "Jazz"?
Also, I'm working on getting a novelty English License plate for the rear(although it will be white which I am aware is supposed to be up front).
I don't know how tax discs work, we don't have them here. Is that something you display in the dash to prove your vehicle is registered? If so, I've seen some cool looking tax disc holders on ebay.co.uk and was wondering if it was something that expires/or gets renewed that any of you all might want to send over to complete my transformation.
Any other tips to un-Americanize this car will be greatly appreciated.
and yes, unfortunately it will remain left-hand drive

guest3312

• Topic Starter
Re: Help me Jazz up my Fit please
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »
also, after browsing through your ebay over there, it appears as though your dealerships do not have plate frame surrounds(we call license plate frames) with the dealership name on them.
I basically wanted a plate surround that said something like "Aylesbury Honda" or "Crown Honda... Hertfordshire"
I suppose I could always have a custom American frame made that said that, but it wouldn't be legit

guest3295

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »
Mine says "Santogal" don't think thy say Honda.

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:46:53 AM »
My liscence plate says neil daniels in the "frame" since thats the 2nd hand garage we got it from, When you get in the jazz at the door (floor bit) ive noticed mines has a black oval with JAZZ written there too.. my side repeaters also have a jazz sticker (on one side other peeled off :( )

Tax disc holders dont expire, road tax does though (you get little circle cut-outs for your holder which last 6 months or 12 months)

but why on earth would you want a uk-ized Jazz? the american ones look so much better. Btw you might want to replace your bumpers for our ugly ones we get here if you want to complete the british look

guest3312

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
Btw you might want to replace your bumpers for our ugly ones we get here if you want to complete the british look

lol. I'm really only interested in rebadging it. for example, if i had an old Chevy Nova, i'd want to re-badge it to say "vauxhall" or go a step further and re-name it the Opal Corsa.

thanks for the info about tax discs etc.
also, i thought I had a grip on English terminology, but I've just had to look up "side repeaters" due to americans lazily calling them "blinkers" or "signals"

guest3312

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 02:34:55 AM »
Alright. Started doing some research for the badges and what-nots.
It appears as though, although your pedals are on the right side of the car, the accelerator is still the furthest pedal to the right. I was under the impression you clutched w/ your right foot and accelerated with the left. So, that being said, any floor mats will fit over here still.
Secondly, in order to be as accurate as possible, does the badge on the 2012 have the red dot or is it the straight silver Jazz logo?

guest2162

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »
Left or right hand drive - same feet operate the same pedals.

Has been the case for very many years, only noteworthy exceptions are the few vintage cars with centre throttle pedals, ie Bentleys (pre Rolls Royce ones) or those with no throttle pedal at all, most old three wheeled Morgans, as they have a hand throttle.

guest3312

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:18:28 AM »
very cool. Learn something every day i guess. So...does any one over there own a 2012 Jazz that can tell me if the rear badge has a red "J"? or at least take a look at one? suppose i could google it actually :D

guest3312

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 12:26:01 AM »
derp. honda.co.uk has no 360 degree view like the site here in the states has.
now, i notice you all have many different models to choose from.
we have the Fit Base and the Fit Sport. and the Sport w/ nav.
so, which version is closest to the Sport over there? none of them seem to come stock w/ spoiler or body kit. So, it appears as though for the 2012 Jazz you either have a manual gearbox or CVT. there is no Automatic w/ Sport mode paddle shifters?
however, i noticed one of the models has the option for those fancy "body coloured interior trim" bits which i think i would like to have. wonder if they just swap in.

Tags: