Author Topic: my black jazz  (Read 4389 times)

guest3295

my black jazz
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »
After a couples of weeks with the jazz I have some questions and comments on the car.
Questions:
where can I put the front fog lights... do I need to make holes in the plastic? or will I have to change the entire front
Can a Cruise control be installed on a 1.2 version?
has anyone tried a parking sensors without making holes in the rear plastic. (the ribbon sensors??)

Comments
I miss some power... does it have horse power, or donkeys ...or even mules... ponies maybe???? It says it has 90??? at what rpm? 7000?
I simply hate the shift gear, too small...
not to comfy (I usually drive a Laguna)
and I seem to travel with a  target on my back.... for wind!!! All the wind in the world pushes me on the side...

love...
consumption, the low noise of the engine and outside noises, space, looks, consumption, large windows and space for the head and legs, a great space for luggage (not a laguna, but even so... great) the back seat system to make room for shopping bags without opening the trunk, oh... did I mentioned... consumption?? Isofix, steering radius (??) and at last, consumption.
 ;D
pictures will be placed asap

• Topic Starter
Re: my black jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:21:34 AM »
Meta SR2 Targa works great http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_196951_langId_-1_categoryId_266355

You can get it on line for around £70.

I had it on my Jazz for 5 years and not a single problem.

Drill a small hole behind the number plate to route wires into the boot door.  There is a 2 cm plastic piece from inside the boot lid that you can then past the wires into the car.  The only problem remains to to run the wires neatly.  I always ended up with danging wires in the boot.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:50:20 AM »
I miss some power... does it have horse power, or donkeys ...or even mules... ponies maybe???? It says it has 90??? at what rpm? 7000?
These Honda engines do need to be revved in order to access the power. Below around 3,000 rpm it's running as a frugal 8 valve engine. Somewhere in the 3,000 to 4,000 rpm range the other 8 valves open up to deliver more power (and use a lot more fuel). However, I don't think you need to go anywhere near the maximum revs.

John
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:05:43 AM »
I think you will find that on 16v engines all the valves open all the time.

Not 8 and then 16.

guest3040

• Topic Starter
Re: Re: my black jazz
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:26:14 AM »
I think you will find that on 16v engines all the valves open all the time.

Not 8 and then 16.

I believe the engine in the GE Jazz works the same way as the the engine in my previous Civic EP2. It had a 16 valve engine based on economy. Depending on throttle position, it runs on 12 valves at low revs (4 inlet, 8 exhaust), then when VTEC engages it operates all 16 valves.
The VTEC switchover used to happen as low as 2300rpm if the throttle was wide open. If only part throttle was used VTEC wouldn't engage until the engine reached 3400rpm.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/JazzVtec/

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/LSERIESG2/index.html

I put my money on remould --

All the Honda single overhead cam VTEC engines built for economy and power (as opposed to twin cam VTEC just built just for power) will be the 12/16 valve type - only one inlet valve is open at low revs to make inlet mixture speed up and 'swirl' for better mixing - second inlet valve opens at higher revs - both exhaust valves operate all the time,  but can be made to use a 'wilder' cam at higher revs (open more and for longer) - as can the inlet valves.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:34:22 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: