Author Topic: Rear wiper and Washer - Is it broken??  (Read 6490 times)

guest3265

Rear wiper and Washer - Is it broken??
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »
Hi everyone,

We have just bought our first ever Jazz (2012, Si, Manual), and we love it.
After reading the whole of the near 500 page manual (yes I should get out more  ;D ), I have noticed that the rear washer and wiper does not seem to be working.

According to the manual I should be able to twist down and activate the washer and the wiper. However in reality only the washer activates.

Is this correct?

The dealer is saying the manual is wrong, but this just seems incorrect, especially as every other car (not Hondas) I have had work the way I expect.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks, Od.

guest3040

• Topic Starter
Re: Rear wiper and Washer - Is it broken??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
I don't know about your car, but my 2002 GD1 Jazz is slightly different.
I twist up, just for the water jet. Down one click for the rear wiper, then down once more for jet of water.
Maybe check the fuses. There is a separate fuse for the rear wiper I believe.

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
since ive about the same car as remould mines works the same way as his. twist up to put water, click down to turn the wiper on twist down for a little water while the wiper is on.

if its broken then see the honda dealer about it...a 2012 is definately under warranty, or kindly ask the sales people at the dealership how it should work? :) thatll test whether they know how a jazz works as well as they say ^^ id take remoulds advice and check the fuse as well... could just be a faulty fuse..

guest3265

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Thanks guys, mine is working as remoulds has described. It must be as they say then it is a typo in the manual.

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 12:57:08 PM »
I have just tried the rear window wiper/washer on my 2011 Jazz (2012 model) and the wiper and washer will operate in two different positions, see attached photo.

In example A if the switch is rotated downwards so that 'washer/wiper' icon aligns with the white mark on the left both the washer and wiper operate.

If in example B the switch is rotated upwards so that once again the 'washer/wiper' icon is aligned with the white mark the washer and wiper operates.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:16:50 AM by Aitcho »

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 07:42:29 AM »
What I should have made clear in my previous posting is that when the switch is rotated upwards pic (B) is that the rear washer comes on, the wiper is of course already operating as the washer/wiper icon at the bottom of the switch stalk can only be accessed from the 'wiper ON' position.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
has anyone tried the special feature for the front wipers (GD for sure and maybe GE?),  if you spray the screen three or more times in quick succession (with about half second gap between squirts) the wipers automatically come on for one sweep - may be useful for something !!!!!
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest3265

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »
I have just tried the rear window wiper/washer on my 2011 Jazz (2012 model) and the wiper and washer will operate in two different positions, see attached photo.

In example A if the switch is rotated downwards so that 'washer/wiper' icon aligns with the white mark on the left both the washer and wiper operate.

If in example B the switch is rotated upwards so that once again the 'washer/wiper' icon is aligned with the white mark the washer and wiper operates.

Thanks for that, that is what I expect to happen. In picture A, all I get is the washer going, and not the wiper, so it sounds like mine is broken to me.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:25:36 PM »
That is correct:  In "A", only the washer, in "B" both washer and wiper.  Since you rotate the switch clockwise once to switch on the wiper, it is already moving by the time you rotate it further to switch on the washer.

I don't think there is anything wrong with yours
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags:

anything