Author Topic: Honda Jazz on motorways and off-road ?  (Read 1851 times)

HonZen

• Registered Member
Honda Jazz on motorways and off-road ?
« on: June 30, 2023, 10:52:16 AM »
I'm wondering how is the Honda Jazz MK2 doing on motorways up to 130 km/h (80 miles)? Is it loud, how comfortable it is ?
And how is Honda jazz off-road on some bumpy terrain, polt holes and other holes. Is it safe or is it more a city car ?
Thanks!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Honda Jazz on motorways and off-road ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 12:22:36 PM »
I had my Mk2 for a couple of years. It was very comfortable and confident on the motorways but tyre noise could be an issue. I suggest you do some research on quieter tyres, and ask on here who prefers which tyre models. There is wind noise with Jazz Mk2 because of the shape it is, but it is not excessive or intrusive.

As for off road, like any road car, this is a challenge. Again tyre choice will make a difference. But if you are planning on driving your Jazz regularly on tracks and rough roads, I think you should maybe look at something a bit more agricultural, like maybe a Dacia Duster.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:57:31 PM by richardfrost »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 02:34:29 PM »
Motorway is predominantly tyre and wind nows. The engine is not really an issue (might be if it wasn't for the tyre and wind nose!).
I would not recommend using the Jazz off-road as, as you say, it is designed as a city car.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 04:18:55 PM »
Just finished a holday in the UK with a 4hr drive each way. In my opinion, the refinement in the Jazz is poor. I find myself slowing to 60mph to keep the noise to an acceptable level. Bonus being better mpg though.  :D

Seat wise, I find the Jazz to be spot on. Even after 4 hours behind the wheel, I was still very happy with the seats.

If you only occasionaly need to travel >60, the Jazz is great. If you're contemplating a lot of 70mph work, you might want to consider sound proofing.

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 01:51:37 PM »
I'm wondering how is the Honda Jazz MK2 doing on motorways up to 130 km/h (80 miles)? Is it loud, how comfortable it is ?
And how is Honda jazz off-road on some bumpy terrain, polt holes and other holes. Is it safe or is it more a city car ?
Thanks!

Hi! I'm anal and also spoiled from previous ride but here is the verdict:
Motorways up to 100 km/h is tolerable, above that, quite a bit of noise like wind, (not tires, spank new Turanzas SUMMER tires) and the famous Honda engine howling. Steering is early gen electric direct pinion and rack so its stiff'n sticky in minor corrections make you hold the line a little jerky. Seats OK.
In city speeds it's very OK but a just above normal transmission noise. Sound proofing is about completely absent on this Mk. II.
Bumpy terrain. Well make sure you do the smallest rims and highest profile tyres (AKA 175/65-15). It will take it but expect sharp jolts when do potholes and the occasional funny rear suspension "flutter". Is crude countryside your dish on the side maybe consider an early 2000's nice kept HR-V on stock balloon tyres. It will still be bumpy but it can take more + the 4wd.

The Jazz Mk.II is very safe and a city car and dang funny to wring in the countryside sweepers! :P

MiniNinjaRob

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Jazz EX 1.4
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 01:15:22 PM »
Well my 2009 jazz - I have the EX version - is amazing on mortorways. Feels like a much bigger car, it’s stable, keeps the speed up really well (it’s a 1.4). Bit noisier than my brand new Skoda Octavia SEL but it’s 14 years old a a different class of car.
Mine has cruise and arm rests and really comfy seats. Radio is very good.
Not sure what other people are driving on this thread but either it ain’t a Jazz or they have very little experience of smaller cars. For the money they are excellent motorway cars for their size class.

michaelC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk2 2013
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 10:14:25 PM »
I'll just add my two cents to this topic too.
2013 Jazz 7-speed auto, and I love how it runs on motorways.
60-70mph is great and not too loud.  70+ you can tell the wind and tyre noise starts getting louder, and we have to turn up the music abit more. 
Tyres run smoothly even on the dreadful concrete sections on the M25. 
Just love how the 7-speed lets me cruise along at a very economical rev count.

Off-road, well, it's handled some broken trail roads up in Glencoe, Scotland admirably. We've done some gentle country roads too, no issue with that.  I haven't done anything serious with proper rocky off-roading, as it's not its natural environment of inner city. I think the car height clearance and tyre grip reliant on just the front wheels might be the only limitations?

Tags:

anything