Author Topic: just purchasing my first Jazz 1.4  (Read 1020 times)

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
just purchasing my first Jazz 1.4
« on: July 20, 2021, 06:36:46 PM »
hi just purchasing a 2007 jazz 1.4. genuine 63000 miles with full history.. the engine is sweet not a rattle same with gearbox etc.. the cars been very well looked after including recent service and new rear discs calipers and pads.. everything works. only thing is  with the locking. from the key buttons it will unlock but wont lock but you can see and hear it trying? think i had a similar issue with my old Subaru forester. but a new battery in the key cured it. think this is the same..?. all the doors unlock and lock manually ok with the key or the inside button .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:38:44 PM by fashionphotography »

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: just purchasing my first Jazz 1.4
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:09:53 AM »
This can be caused by the boot lid handle not going all the way forward. Quite a few become stiff due to corrosion. Worth checking and lubricating if necessary. Mine was too far gone, unfortunately, so I just get into the habit of pushing it forward when I close the boot.

Your Jazz sounds like a good buy. I hope you're very happy together.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 10:58:07 AM »
This can be caused by the boot lid handle not going all the way forward. Quite a few become stiff due to corrosion. Worth checking and lubricating if necessary. Mine was too far gone, unfortunately, so I just get into the habit of pushing it forward when I close the boot.

Your Jazz sounds like a good buy. I hope you're very happy together.

The tailgate handle hinge corrosion problem only affects tailgate unlocking, both from the fob and via the lever.  If the lever is prevented from going fully forward ( spring loaded ) by the rusty hinge the tailgate still locks, only problem is unlocking the darned thing... which as you say is as easy ( once you know LOL ) as unlocking with remote, pushing handle forward and relocking and unlocking..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 11:22:59 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »
It is my experience that the boot handle problem can stop the boot shutting properly, which in turn means locking with the key fob doesn't work.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

fashionphotography

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 01:42:37 PM »
boot locks and unlocks fine..

fashionphotography

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 03:43:23 PM »
just to wind this one down.. the locking works fine now.. must of just been effected by the flat battery.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 10:46:35 PM »
just to wind this one down.. the locking works fine now.. must of just been effected by the flat battery.
Good to hear it's sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything