Author Topic: Road Departure Mitigation system  (Read 3562 times)

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
Re: Road Departure Mitigation system
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 09:36:37 PM »
A question about the situation:
"If you see a car coming the other way on a narrow road, you move over towards the kerb/verge to allow sufficient room.
[Only] To have the 'Hand of God' grab the steering wheel and try to turn you back into the path of the approaching car"

What happens if you use the Jazz indicators to show you are turning left into the verge?
Does the RDMS still try to turn the car back into the path of the approaching car?

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 09:52:14 PM »
Don’t know the answer to that one, but who would attempt to use the indicators in that situation?
I’m already up against the kerb/verge, certainly nowhere else to go, in turning left.
The setting of the RDMS is already in the delayed mode, any other setting would simply make the situation worse.

Jeff15

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2021, 10:06:42 PM »
Yes, it's off. Did not come on at all today on the same narrow lanes I drive every day. I Will report back tomorrow.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
A question about the situation:
"If you see a car coming the other way on a narrow road, you move over towards the kerb/verge to allow sufficient room.
[Only] To have the 'Hand of God' grab the steering wheel and try to turn you back into the path of the approaching car"

What happens if you use the Jazz indicators to show you are turning left into the verge?
Does the RDMS still try to turn the car back into the path of the approaching car?

Someone quoted that RDMS does not react if you indicate.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2021, 11:52:21 AM »
It's a chore to remember what each one actually does in detail:

RDMS
CMBS
LKAS
Let's be careful out there !

toolroomboy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »
I live at the end of country lanes in Cornwall and in the narrow lanes the RDMS doesn’t seem to activate at all. In fact I had 15 minutes to kill this morning, so I purposely drove where I knew it was narrow and would meet other traffic (including a tractor), RDMS didn’t react once.
The only time it seems to react is when on B roads that narrow suddenly with traffic approaching. And then whilst the steering seems to stiffen, it doesn’t jerk to the right or anything. Perhaps speed comes into it.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2021, 12:54:39 PM »
As per the owners manual, the system has speed thresholds depending on the road condition. 45mph for roads with white lines, 18mph for roads with grass or gravel border, or if there are on coming vehicles. If you purposely put steering input into the direction RDM will not warn, but if no input there will be warning and possibly steering/braking action depending on the road type.

Jeff15

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »
I have it sorted now so I am happy.... ;D

Tags: