Author Topic: Activating My Honda +  (Read 1514 times)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
Activating My Honda +
« on: July 10, 2021, 12:17:38 PM »
Hi everyone

I collected my new Crosstar on Thursday. So far, all is fine, very pleased. But....

I struggled to create an account on the My Honda + app on my phone but got there eventually. So, having established the account, next step is to pair to the car. However on the Honda website it says the following:

"After accepting the terms and conditions, your dealer will activate the embedded e-sim". I have accepted the terms and conditions.

When I try to pair to the car it says "Telematics not activated, contact your dealer"

So, having owned the car for less than 48 hours is it really the case that I have to return the car to get what is a standard feature activated? Does the Dealer activate this remotely? I have emailed the Dealer, still awaiting a response. 

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
Re: Activating My Honda +
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 12:40:34 PM »
When I collected my Jazz, the touch screen displayed a small car symbol with a wireless signal indicator in red, which turns white once the telematics have been activated. I mentioned this to the dealer upon handover and the car disappeared in to the workshop for a while, then came out activated, so suspect it has to be done ‘in person’, rather than remotely.

Saycol

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 12:53:06 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. In fairness to the Dealer, because of Covid I minimised the handover procedure so this wouldn’t have been checked. However the website instructions clearly state you must accept the terms and conditions before My Honda + gets activated. I will try and attach a screenshot.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 01:04:46 PM »
I can’t recollect if I’d already installed the MyHonda+ app and accepted the terms pre or post telematics activation. Upon collecting the car, I asked the dealer if telematics were active and he noticed that the touchscreen symbol showing car with wireless signal was red and said it should be white when activated. He took it into workshop for me and it came back white a short time later.
I set up the app registration later when I got  home.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 04:00:13 PM »
Picked mine up during lockdown. Had to go back to get it activated. Only takes them five minutes with laptop connected to car

guest10167

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 04:13:09 PM »
My dealer kindly asked if I would be using the app and, me having set up an account beforehand, he activated the e-sim together with me during handover. I can’t remember the exact procedure, but suspect it’s easiest to do it in person…

Saycol

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 05:24:17 PM »
Well, the Salesman finally got back to me late this afternoon. I am to expect a call from the Service Dept on Monday to arrange a time to take the car in. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from now on.

Saycol

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 05:53:09 PM »
Just to close off this thread I did get a call from the Dealer. For personal reasons I didn’t want to make an immediate booking so asked how much notice do they require and how long would they need the car for?

Typically booking one week ahead and would require the car for one hour was the reply.

Saycol

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 11:32:01 AM »
And finally, got it activated today and the Dealer apologised for me having to return.
They told me they have now changed their procedures so that customers will be asked if they want the telematics activated ahead of delivery and handover. Makes sense.

Tags:

anything