Author Topic: And another (another thing).  (Read 775 times)

WelshBeauty

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSi SE
And another (another thing).
« on: July 07, 2021, 04:07:49 PM »
Another popular pursuit is tailgating, it is something that particularly ticks me off. On low speed or high speed roads it makes no difference at all, they still do it.

What does it achieve?

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: And another (another thing).
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 08:31:23 AM »
Intimidation?
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »
It doesn't matter what car you are in either, some folk are just plonkers. They have clearly amended the '2 second rule' to the '0.2 second rule'  :D

In some cases, I don't think they appreciate just how close they are and what impact it has on the car they are following. Very often though, it is an indication of just how stressed some folk are. Our Jazz is a much more relaxing place to be with defensive driving being used at all times.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 11:52:39 AM »
I just slow down when someone is tailgating. I get slower and slower until they pass or back off.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »
I just slow down when someone is tailgating. I get slower and slower until they pass or back off.

+1
Especially on roads where passing is not possible so anyone tailgating on them is a Grade A++ moron.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 01:04:28 PM »

+1
Especially on roads where passing is not possible so anyone tailgating on them is a Grade A++ moron.

When I really hate tailgaters is when you are within a few MPH of speed limit ( ie the speed limit is the same as your speedo is reading )... and the 40 mph mono-speeder you just passed  catching you up and tailgating in a 30 limit....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 10:18:09 AM »
I get irritated by that one too. We seem to have a lot of urban roads which alternate between 40 and 30 mph limits. I'm amazed at how many people do about 34 mph in both, frustrating in the faster, dangerous in the slower. Easier on their brains I suppose.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 10:39:51 AM »
Personally I like it when folks are desperate to get by overtaking everything in sight, then you just cruise by them in the different lane at a roundabout or traffic lights.  :P

Tags: