Author Topic: Euro 2020.  (Read 2281 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Euro 2020.
« on: July 07, 2021, 12:15:57 PM »
Tonight England take on Denmark in the semi finals. What a brilliant result !! Full power to them and fingers crossed we get through to the finals.

Tonight, I predict England 2 - Denmark 1.  8)

I must admit, I only ever watch football when either the Euro's or World Cup are on. No interest normaly, but for some reason I've always enjoyed international matches. Used to watch the matches in the pub in years gone by, but not with covid about. Not the same at home, but, that's covid for you.

hemming

• Approved Member
Re: Euro 2020.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 03:23:25 PM »
I'll forecast England 1 - Denmark 4. But I'm never right (my wife will attest to that) and hope that continues tonight!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 04:04:13 PM »
Normally, as a Scot I support two teams. Scotland, and who ever is playing England. But since Brexit I hope England sticks it to these EU bampots.

GGT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 08:25:42 PM »
Jocko, exactly my position.

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 06:30:20 AM »

Tonight, I predict England 2 - Denmark 1.  8)

Mystic Westy! Hope you had a bet on  ;D

Bring on the Azurri! Forza Angleterre!

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »
Mystic Westy! Hope you had a bet on  ;D

Bring on the Azurri! Forza Angleterre!

;D ;D What a fantastic result. Tense match, especialy when we were 1 down, but brilliant to watch. Should have had a wee bet I suppose, but not a gambler.

Really looking forward to the final on Sunday. England at a Euro final, who'd have thought it.

Prediction? Lets see if I can be as accurate/lucky/mystic again  :D.............. England 3 - Italy 2.

Italy are a tough team to beat. I watched them beat Spain the other day. I reckon we can beat Italy based on their last performance. Fingers crossed.

swhull

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 07:58:50 PM »
Yes, great result.

Italy will be tough, easily the most formidable opponent we will have faced in this competition, have a couple of cracking offensive players in Insigne and Immobile, but we have the home advantage which will be immense at Wembley.

I’m not a betting man either but I’m sure if there’s ever a time for us to win a tournament then this is it!

I’ll predict England another 2 - 1 win … hopefully within 90 minutes…

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 10:18:59 AM »
Penalties after extra time? (Again)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 04:01:07 PM »
Quite a few people have suggested that Sterling 'penalty' was a blatant dive ( and it certainly looks like it ).   What England players diving, perish the thought  :o
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

swhull

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2021, 04:15:45 PM »
Quite a few people have suggested that Sterling 'penalty' was a blatant dive ( and it certainly looks like it ).   What England players diving, perish the thought  :o

Well he did go down easily, but he’s not the first player to be given a soft penalty, that’s football at the end of the day. Not exactly a ‘hand of God’ moment.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 05:22:35 PM »
A friend has just realised that the Euros final tickets he purchased ages ago are the same date as his wedding.

He doesn't want the £300 tickets to go to waste and is wondering if anyone would like to stand in ........

......... her name is Deborah
Let's be careful out there !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 05:24:04 PM »

Well he did go down easily, but he’s not the first player to be given a soft penalty, that’s football at the end of the day. Not exactly a ‘hand of God’ moment.

Cricket, Rugby and tennis all accept video referee and are much fairer for it - but not football..  the 'beautiful game' is anything but....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 06:19:55 PM »

Cricket, Rugby and tennis all accept video referee and are much fairer for it - but not football..  the 'beautiful game' is anything but....

Video referee ? What is VAR then?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 07:03:20 PM »

Video referee ? What is VAR then?

Does not seem to get used at important points - they will use it to show someone was an inch offside ( as if that makes any difference ), and maybe handball ( but still hard to decide if it was deliberate ),  but not often enough - and a penalty is a pretty important decision as it is an almost certain goal opportunity.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/07/why-var-didnt-overturn-englands-controversial-penalty-against-denmark-14892112/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:09:32 PM by culzean »

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 07:52:20 PM »
The Italians love a nice fake foul too. I reckon within 10 minutes both teams will be on the floor pleading with the ref... :D :D

Tags:

anything