Author Topic: Shall I change?  (Read 2004 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Shall I change?
« on: July 01, 2021, 01:26:57 PM »
Hi Guys
Not sure what to do, got a 2017 jazz auto and would like to change it, do I buy a mk4 or do I wait for the hybrid to come down in value or wait for complete electric.  Bit of a puzzle me thinks. Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Ty.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Shall I change?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 02:00:21 PM »
I had the MK3 ex, nice car but it's not patch on the MK4 Crosstar.
Very pleased to have made the change.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 02:12:02 PM »
Think lots of people are in this position especially with reference to going full electric. Two thoughts spring to mind:

1) I am satisfied that the Mk4 Jazz is a step change forward from the MK3. I've read and seen a lot of reviews. It's more comfortable, better equipped, faster and more economical. I bought one of the last Mk3s as Honda were throwing lots of inducements around to remove old stock. On reflection I wish I'd waited for the MK4 even though it is more expensive.

2) I've done a lot of dithering about EVs. I've test driven the old Nissan Leaf and spent hours on EV websites and watching You Tube videos published by EV enthusiasts. In the last 3 months, 3 prominent EV early adopters - EV Opinion, EVM and Jonathon Porterfield of Eco cars in Orkney have lambasted the state of the current charging infrastructure. We seem to be a long way from the accessibility of petrol and diesel. An EV would do 90% plus of my trips but about half a dozen would be problematic in the type of EV I can afford.

In short, my next move will be a hybrid.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 04:13:19 PM »
Think lots of people are in this position especially with reference to going full electric. Two thoughts spring to mind:

1) I am satisfied that the Mk4 Jazz is a step change forward from the MK3. I've read and seen a lot of reviews. It's more comfortable, better equipped, faster and more economical. I bought one of the last Mk3s as Honda were throwing lots of inducements around to remove old stock. On reflection I wish I'd waited for the MK4 even though it is more expensive.

2) I've done a lot of dithering about EVs. I've test driven the old Nissan Leaf and spent hours on EV websites and watching You Tube videos published by EV enthusiasts. In the last 3 months, 3 prominent EV early adopters - EV Opinion, EVM and Jonathon Porterfield of Eco cars in Orkney have lambasted the state of the current charging infrastructure. We seem to be a long way from the accessibility of petrol and diesel. An EV would do 90% plus of my trips but about half a dozen would be problematic in the type of EV I can afford.

In short, my next move will be a hybrid.

Boris is full of bull excrement on EVs. Until he appoints a competent person  (which rules out Transport Minister Shapps) to spearhead the project , it will continue to be a shambles

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 05:49:10 PM »
If your journeys are within the range of an affordable EV and you are able to do home charging using cheap electricity then an EV becomes attractive. In my case I considered the EV option and crossed it off the list when I discovered that public chargers typically cost 30p/kWh which puts the cost per mile on longer trips (which are the main part of my mileage) in the same range as petrol. Longer EV trips also introduce the worry about whether the next planned stop for charging is occupied or not working. The electric drive of the Mk 4 provides an near-EV driving experience without the refuelling worry.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

caperora

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz I-VTEC EX NAVI
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 06:41:19 PM »
Considered. MK 4 but charging points in North Norfolk very sparse so hybrid was choice however just find front of the MK too pug ugley

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 06:56:29 PM »
I had the MK3 ex, nice car but it's not patch on the MK4 Crosstar.
Very pleased to have made the change.

Forgot to mention, I have only filled up once since having the Crosstar and that worked out at just under 60mpg. That has to be good .

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 07:45:50 PM »
I am now in the position to get an EV. House with drive, outside electricity, 100A mains fuse, no more than 75 miles a day. Ideal EV owner. I was looking at the MG5 but after following their forum this year I have decided they are far too unreliable with software issues and charging issues. So it is a used EV (not a Leaf I have been told by SWMBO) or a Mk4 Jazz so after following the Mk4 section here I think it will be another Jazz.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 10:11:54 PM »
Save your £ for the inflationary storm around the corner.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 10:19:02 PM »
2017 ? Only just run in. You've got at least a decade of worry free motoring there.  :D Keep it.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 08:16:45 AM »

So true.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 08:42:06 AM »
It is going to be influenced by the driving you do. If it's a lot of short trips, town and traffic the hybrid helps a lot. That's why I'm hoping to get a hybrid next. Long motorway drives not so much.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »

So true.
Can u please expand on that.  Thanks.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 11:06:06 AM »
So true.
Can u please expand on that.  Thanks.
There's a school of thought that we as a country are living beyond our means. Due to "austerity measures" we never really got over the crash of 2008. The government is borrowing heavily to provide COVID support, etc. Various business sectors are struggling and have failed due to lack of support.

There are also all the consequences of not being in the EEA any more which will really hit us in about six months once the final transitional arrangements expire. The trade deals that have been signed recently have not necessarily been in the UK's best interests either.

The only winner in this has actually been Northern Ireland which is likely to see a boom due to its unique situation of having feet in both camps.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »
I think another factor, or factors, is the recovery from Covid. There is a lot of pent up demand in the economy as many people (the lucky ones) have saved a lot of money during the various lockdowns and this will flood into the economy. On top of that there are labour shortages which will eventually drive up wage rates in certain sectors.

That said I don't think we are going to see 1970s style inflation. It might peak at 3 or 4%.

Tags: