Author Topic: Apologies - Not Yet Allowed to Post in For Sale?  (Read 968 times)

guest10419

Apologies - Not Yet Allowed to Post in For Sale?
« on: June 26, 2021, 11:22:44 PM »
Mum passed away this week.  :( :( :(

She bought her Jazz brand new in 2005, affectionately known in the family by it's regisration number as DesseyX. Spec is silver, automatic, air con 1.4 (although that may be standard?). I'd like to say it's a one careful lady owner but that wouldn't be quite accurate! Lets just say one lady owner as there are marks on almost every panel...

On Monday or Tuesday it's going to webuyanycar for £1100. Probably. Assuming a death certificate arrives.

Plus points is that it's one owner, has covered a warranted 45,300 since new and has a full service history with main dealers. She insisted on taking it there. The next service would have been an independant as the MD wanted to replace the exhaust on a 15 year old car with a £600 OE part. Muppets. Or did they see Mum as gullible? Or am I cynical... So, recent non OE exhaust fitted and it had a new battery this year too. There are floor mats since new but the drivers one is worn through. She kept all the service invoices that WBAC don't want as they have the fully stamped service book as all the evidence of the work done in it's life. Muppets.

Minus points are the scrapes on most of the panels, a few car park trolley dings and some DIY scrape "repair" by Mum with some sort of silver rattle can... Which is still in the garage and completely the wrong silver colour... But you can have that if you want to retain the crap details!

I don't like WBAC. If there's anyone out there who wants to match the price on Sunday please drop me a line through the forum. I'l check in some time in the afternoon. Or email me at guymayers@blueyonder.co.uk.

And if there are any moderators who object to a for sale post here please just delete it. I don't dislike WBAC that much when they're sorting it quickly! It needs to go quickly as we're going to cancel the insurance and tax for refunds for the estate!

The car is in Crosby, Merseyside by the way!

Thanks
Guy

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Apologies - Not Yet Allowed to Post in For Sale?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 08:08:51 AM »
So sorry for your loss Guy.
All the best for selling the car.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

guest10419

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 07:57:46 PM »
Slight spanner in the works as we couldn't get a death certificate in time to let WBAC have the vehicle and now I can't drive for 2 weeks after a thyroid operation. So, if there's anyone out there interested in the car please drop me a line.
Cheers
Guy

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 11:25:08 AM »
Guy I've sent you an email

guest10419

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 12:05:36 PM »
Thanks Steve - I've replied to it.
Guy

bus_ter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz SE
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »
£1100 from WBAC seems like a good offer (car prices are up at the moment due to the knock on effect of reduced new car availability). However I've been told WBAC always give you a lower offer after 'inspecting' the car. The headline price is to lure you in the door, then they give you their 'real' price, which you can subtract another £50-100 from for 'admin costs'. The final price being well below the original offer.

Just wondering if you went back to WBAC for their offer and if that was your experience?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 01:00:27 PM »
Give another car buying company a try
Motorway.co.uk, they say dealers use it themselves.
Good luck with the sale.

guest10419

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 06:42:27 PM »
Car now sold to We Buy Any Car. Happy enough with what we got for it, someone will get a great car once it's minor paint issues have been resolved!
Guy

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 10:37:08 PM »
 Ah nuts.

I'd have been interested but a bit late.
My nickname is dezzie.

Sorry for your loss BTW its something we all have to go through.

Tags: