Author Topic: Flat battery  (Read 2682 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Flat battery
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 12:19:10 PM »
Basic cost of the Yuasa battery is between £100 - £130, depending on retailer. But Honda have a fixed price for replacing the battery of £155:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/repairs.html
That's obviously a bit more than the basic cost of the battery itself, but you'd get the peace of mind of having it set up to avoid the kind of issues with the stop-start that Culzean hints at and others have experienced.

Toptek

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 02:17:57 PM »
Basic cost of the Yuasa battery is between £100 - £130, depending on retailer. But Honda have a fixed price for replacing the battery of £155:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/repairs.html
That's obviously a bit more than the basic cost of the battery itself, but you'd get the peace of mind of having it set up to avoid the kind of issues with the stop-start that Culzean hints at and others have experienced.
That's what we decided to do as convenient and my back is giving me a bit of trouble too.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »
Thanks all. The battery was charged to a bit short of 13v and replaced. The car started no probs.  If I'd left it longer, I suspect it would have accepted over 14V. Ergo, not the battery, methinks.

Left overnight and it started fine again today.  S|o I'm suspecting something may have been left on and not noticed due to the "white nights" up here!

I'll keep you posted.

Once a battery is taken off the charger the battery will settle to something less than 12.65 volts -,  you need to leave battery for at least an hour to let 'surface charge' dissipate ( you can speed it up by drawing some amps out of the battery by turning headlights on for a few minutes ), over 13 volts reading will deffo be surface charge.  Even the best battery would not continue to show much over 12.6 volts ( especially flooded type ),  GEL or AGM battery will show a higher voltage after charging because the chemistry is a bit different - but still not over 12.7 / 12.8. 

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 03:20:37 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JamtartJazzman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz XE Navi
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2021, 11:08:56 AM »
Anyone got a recommendation for a replacement?
Yuasa YBX7053
Banner 55515
MIDAC Itineris EFB JIS  mod IT55J EFB
Enduroline 048EFB

Must be an EFB type battery, these are the models you can use.
I suggest to buy the Yuasa, the OEM one.

Can I just confirm that these batteries will def fit the 2016 Jazz?  Left the car a couple of days and tried to start it ... clack clack clack! :(

Thanks again for the help guys.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2021, 12:30:56 PM »
Anyone got a recommendation for a replacement?
Yuasa YBX7053
Banner 55515
MIDAC Itineris EFB JIS  mod IT55J EFB
Enduroline 048EFB

Must be an EFB type battery, these are the models you can use.
I suggest to buy the Yuasa, the OEM one.

Can I just confirm that these batteries will def fit the 2016 Jazz?  Left the car a couple of days and tried to start it ... clack clack clack! :(

Thanks again for the help guys.
The OEM battery for Jazz mk3 is an Yuasa YBX7053
https://www.yuasa.it/ybx7053.html
Check dimensions and electrical data.

JamtartJazzman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2021, 12:51:58 PM »
Thanks.  The OEM is not available from my mail order supplier.  AFAIK the dimensions would allow the Enduroline to fit but it would be good to have confirmation from someone who's actually fitted one. Belt and braces ... ;D

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2021, 01:23:05 PM »
One of the reviews on https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/048-efb/ is from a Honda Jazz 2016 owner, and another Mazda owner says the stop/start is working correctly .......

JamtartJazzman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 02:08:45 PM »
Thanks embee.  Battery now ordered.  I'm always a tad paranoid when dealing with mail order. Esp with a hefty item such as a battery.

I'll report back tomorrow.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2021, 02:18:14 PM »
Enduroline seems to be an 'own brand' battery from Tayna - the Enduroline company address was same as Tayna until March this year.  No idea who makes the battery for them..

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07649073/filing-history

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JamtartJazzman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2021, 06:58:55 PM »
Battery arrived this pm.  Excellent service by Tayna.  I fitted the battery in a few minutes and the car started no probs.  I checked with my multimeter and the system was showing 14.odd vots across the battery at tick over.

The next issue is the noise coming from the top end. A bit noisier than Soichiro would like IMHO!

seadog

• Registered Member
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2021, 12:26:16 AM »
One of the reviews on https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/048-efb/ is from a Honda Jazz 2016 owner, and another Mazda owner says the stop/start is working correctly .......

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2021, 01:23:51 AM »
Battery arrived this pm.  Excellent service by Tayna.  I fitted the battery in a few minutes and the car started no probs.  I checked with my multimeter and the system was showing 14.odd vots across the battery at tick over.

The next issue is the noise coming from the top end. A bit noisier than Soichiro would like IMHO!

if the noise is comming from the back of the engine at the top of the block and rocker cover near the brake fluid bottle and is a tatting noise they all do that i was worried about mine and listened to two other cars at the dealer just after i bought it so it is normal

Tags: