Author Topic: Greetings from Bristol  (Read 987 times)

Briz111

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2017 Mk3 SE 1.3 CVT Skyride Blue
Greetings from Bristol
« on: May 21, 2021, 04:00:15 PM »
Greetings from Bristol!  We have recently bought a 2017 reg SE Navi CVT in Skyride Blue.  We bought it unseen from a Honda dealer 2 hours away, and they delivered it.  I would have been a bit nervous buying it unseen if it didn’t have the full Honda service history and 12 month Honda warranty. 

This is our first ever car - we have always just used hire cars and club cars, but we have a small child so it is a lot easier to have our own car. 

It’s a great town car and quite nippy when required – good visibility and very practical.  Refined enough on the motorway too.  And I genuinely like the CVT transmission, although I realise it is not everyone's cup of tea...!

Comfort could be better: the driver’s seat offers little leg support (partly my fault for being quite tall) and the armrests (centre and door) have almost zero padding.

I’m glad that I didn’t get put off by the many average or negative reviews of the car that I found on motoring websites.  This forum helped us to make the right decision.  Also, I have never driven a Mk1 or a Mk2 (or a Mk4 for that matter) so I can’t make any comparisons, good or bad!  Overall, very happy 3 weeks in. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:03:17 PM by Briz111 »

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Greetings from Bristol
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 04:10:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :D

Your new Jazz will prove itself very useful in day to day driving, especially with all the clutter little people come with!

You did well to ignore the motoring journalists. I take their reviews with a big pinch of salt, and remember that they are nearly always biased to all things German despite the reliability record of them.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I am a convert to the CVT transmission having had severe reservations. Ideal in an urban environment like yours.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 05:06:50 PM »
Welcome. I have a Mk 1 and have had a brand new Mk 3 as a loaner (2017). I preferred the Mk 3.

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 07:44:58 PM »
welcome! I also bought my mk2 unseen, bit of a gamble I suppose, but did the usual checks and put my faith in the Honda brand and the undoubtedly stereotypical meticulously dilligent previous jazz owner(s)  :D

guest9236

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 07:55:25 AM »
Your choice of car is a very good one, they are very reliable, economical and smile at you every morning, enjoy your purchase.
The folk on this forum Are a very knowledgable group of chaps and always give advice when asked, a very large amount of experience gained over many years.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 11:45:29 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags:

anything