Author Topic: Jazz SR  (Read 2663 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Jazz SR
« on: June 16, 2020, 03:45:53 PM »
Has anyone seen a SR model yet? My local dealer seems to have just a Jazz EX and a Crosstar, looking on line most other dealers seem to have the same so I suspect the first batch to arrive did not include the SR models but I might be wrong.

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
Re: Jazz SR
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
No me neither. All seem to be Ex models, no SR or even the base SE. I expect they pushed out a batch of the top models to seem impressive for launch having all the top kit fitted. Mid spec SR seems the sweet spot getting Apple Car Play and alloys but no need for the EX with 16 inch wheels to spoil the ride quality and the extra gizmos.

I would be tempted by the SE but lack of Apple Car Play a major problem - so useful to connect up and use phone features and maps.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 06:40:19 PM »
While I would like to buy an SR model the biggest problem that has TOTALLY stopped me from deciding to make a purchase is the appalling offerings of paint colours.
This would normally not be a deal breaker but I find the current choice offers nothing I could live with.

Honda colours from times past have been far more interesting, vivid (some excessively so) and have at least given the customer a much broader choice.
My 2011 Jazz is Azure Blue metallic and we have a Passion Red Civic.

Honda have committed a major Faux Pas Here in the UK, the CRV colour choice is also little better.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!
From the advert "Who knows where you値l go?"

beerbelly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC 2019
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 05:03:30 AM »
nice red one :o

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 11:37:58 AM »
I知 not sure about the front end design. But I知 also not keen on the Crosstar look either.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 12:44:43 PM »
I think it looks lovely and would love a red one. I think the transmission sounds a great affair and cannot wait to try one out.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 03:10:31 PM »
Went to my local dealer this morning after reading this. They had a red Cross star, a blue and white EX. Tbh, I quite like it because it looks like my MK2 compared to MK3. But two things I am not happy about-no alloys on the SE and Auto dimming interior Mirror. I don't know why Honda never fitted this on their Jazz. With so much bright LED lights, I hate driving at night.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »
I知 not sure about the front end design. But I知 also not keen on the Crosstar look either.
I seem to remember that an early review said that the design had been softened to please Japanese ladies, who found the Mk3 too aggressive!  You can't see it when you're at the wheel, so who cares?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 05:05:10 PM »
I think it looks lovely and would love a red one. I think the transmission sounds a great affair and cannot wait to try one out.

You and me both. Have had a good look at all the specs and I think it is an exciting development. Bit pricey for me as a new car (I could only afford my Mk3 on the basis of hefty end of line discounts and incentives) but I like everything about it and the metallic red would be my choice. Faster, more economical - what's not to like?

la14oldie

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3 SE Navi CVT
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 09:55:59 AM »
What's not to like, in my opinion, is no spare wheel nor even space for one. Call me old-fashioned but I don't feel comfortable about this.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »
What's not to like, in my opinion, is no spare wheel nor even space for one. Call me old-fashioned but I don't feel comfortable about this.

Good point although that applies to a lot of cars these days.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 04:46:36 PM »

Luck of the draw I guess, I致e had a 2011 hybrid for nearly nine years/65k miles and never used the spare that aI have for it.....but I still share your concern!
From the advert "Who knows where you値l go?"

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 05:34:47 PM »

Although I agree with you it wouldn't stop me from buying one. I would just put a spare in the boot.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:50:21 PM by Derkie54 »
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 06:48:45 PM »

Although I agree with you it wouldn't stop me from buying one. I would just put a spare in the boot.

You would lose most of the boot space and the spare really needs to be held down or in an accident it is quite a heavy object to be flying around.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2020, 08:29:04 PM »

You would lose most of the boot space and the spare really needs to be held down or in an accident it is quite a heavy object to be flying around.

Fair point culzean, although how much room do I need in the boot day to day (more if i'm going on holiday I suppose).It would be held down in my case by my wifes wheelchair which is tied down.
One of the reasons for buying a Jazz was because a wheelchair easily fits in the boot without folding any seats.

It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Tags:

anything