Rims
« on: February 08, 2020, 01:22:05 PM »
Do 16 inch fit on 15 inch 2010 Jazz?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Rims
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »
I am sure that they do but the penalty is a harsher ride because of the reduced height of the sidewall, a smaller choice of tyres to suit and little improvement in performance if any.

Vic.

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »
I do understand that, just wasn't sure about studs. Been offered 4 with good tyres from a friend, mine won't pass mot in April, so i would need to buy 4 new, and my rims are a bit rough.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 04:03:31 PM »
I am sure that they do but the penalty is a harsher ride because of the reduced height of the sidewall, a smaller choice of tyres to suit and little improvement in performance if any.

Vic.

In my experience 16" tyres are noisier and more expensive with a harsher ride,  and no benefit to handling. The 16" wheels were just a styling thing on MK2,  because Jazz with 16" wheels were no more powerful than  Jazz with 15" wheels.

The MK2 in homologated for both 15" and 16" wheels,  it has to be because different equipment level cars have either 15 or 16 fitted,  and I cannot see a reason why because your car does not have leather seats or satnav that the steering and suspension geometry would need to change for different wheel size.

I do understand that, just wasn't sure about studs.

We swap between alloys and steel wheels for winter or summer and the studs and nuts are fine ( are they Honda wheels or generic you are looking at, because some generic wheels have 60 degree taper seat ).  I was more worried about whether the acorn nuts would have enough depth to stop stud bottoming out when swapping from thick alloy rims to thin steel wheels,  but it was fine.

On the Civic the Honda alloys and generic steel wheels use same Honda nut,  but on Jazz with steel rims and generic Rial alloys ( ditched 16" and fitted Rial 15" rims ) I have to use Honda nut for steel wheels and 60deg taper Rial nut for alloys.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:13:40 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything