Author Topic: Aux Port  (Read 8185 times)

David_B

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1st Gen
Aux Port
« on: May 05, 2019, 09:56:28 AM »
My Honda Jazz mk1 has a button for aux on the CD player but no port that I could find anywhere on the car. Any ideas?

Is it hidden somewhere or should I fit it? how much would it cost and how easy is it to do? where is the ideal place for the port to go?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Aux Port
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »
Beside the Aux/cigarette lighter socket is a 3.5 mm jack socket. Take a connection from headphone socket of i-pod or phone and plug it in here. Once you do that you can switch from CD to Aux and listen to digital music that way.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:57:51 AM »
I don't think the aux socket is fitted on 2004 and earlier cars, so it depends what age the OP's is. I believe the connections are present on the back of the radio unit, so it should be possible to improvise something.

You can also use the aux socket for bluetooth with a small module that plugs into the aux and takes power from a USB adaptor in the cig lighter socket, or you could even fit it all behind the radio unit.

Alternatively, if you haven't got the aux socket, you can get a module which plugs into the cig lighter socket and transmits aux audio or bluetooth to a frequency on the FM radio.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:16:51 PM by sparky Paul »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »
AUX socket came in around 2006. All Jazz radios can connect to a CD changer, hence the AUX button on all models even when no AUX socket is fitted. The connectors to connect to a CD changer can also be used to add AUX or USB sockets. It's a radio out job which isn't easy though.

milkfloat

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
My first Jazz didn't have an aux port but I got one installed by the local car radio place called a myIO box. it allowed a USB and 3.5mm jack as well as bluetooth. He had to install it into the CD Changer port, i think it used RCA connectors to transfer the sound.

Tags:

anything