Author Topic: Skoda Fabia.  (Read 20650 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Skoda Fabia.
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2023, 12:38:48 PM »
Just found out my Jazz has been repaired and is back on the road. It was put in for an MOT in February, failed on a far shorter list than when I put it in in December, had the repairs carried out and is now MOTd, taxed, and I assume, back on the road. Don't know if I am happy or disappointed!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 02:39:43 PM by Jocko »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2023, 01:23:58 PM »
I wonder if this is a consequence of still high prices for second hand cars? I watch a You Tube Channel called High Peak Autos (he's a young used car dealer) and the day of the really cheap "banger" seems to have gone.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2023, 02:35:24 PM »
...Try Chops Garage as well. He has more of the cheaper end of the market and seems to care more than most second hand car dealers.

As for prices some cars seem to be cheaper than you'd expect and others way more expensive than would appear to be viable!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2023, 04:49:07 PM »
I'll give him a watch. Prices are strange. It's still the case that big expensive cars depreciate heavily but the takeaway from these channels is the high value for, say, a 15 year old Fiesta if it's in half decent condition with an MOT. In my mind I'm thinking £500 absolute tops but give it a 12 month MOT and tidyish bodywork the likely price is comfortably over £1500 - sometimes more.

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2023, 05:00:08 PM »
Just found out my Jazz has been repaired and is back on the road. It was put in for an MOT in February, failed on a far shorter list than when I put it in in December, had the repairs carried out and is now MOTd, taxed, and I assume, back on the road. Don't know if I am happy or disappointed!

At least the car was saved from the breakers/scrap yard and lives to fight another day. You may see it on the road in the future!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2023, 01:15:09 PM »
Today I had a morning trip across the city to the Western General. A round trip of 19.5 miles, with 20 and 30 mph limits. Traffic was busy but according to my Fibometer, I managed 40 8 mpg. Delighted with that.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2023, 07:57:17 PM »
Today I topped up the tank for the third time since getting the car. Calculated figure of 38.3 mpg but the average speed was just 18 mph for the 344 miles covered. City driving for you. I have now done 1,000 miles since buying the car last Christmas!

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2023, 12:14:20 PM »
On the subject of S/H values i had a Subaru Forester Auto before my Jazz . loved the Forester but beeing a 2001 model insurance and tax was killing us . i paid £950 for the scubie had it 5 years and sold it for £1150 which i thought was damn good . it was very clean example . but looking on Ebay lately they are fetching mad prices for the mk 1's i could get £2500 for it now easy if i still had it . even my Jazz which i thought id paid over the odds at £1500 could make about £2000 now  two and a half years later

Tags: