Author Topic: Discount on new Jazz?  (Read 969 times)

Diamondgirl

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR
Discount on new Jazz?
« on: October 26, 2021, 08:01:36 PM »
Hi folks, first post here. I’m a very happy Jazz owner, have had two, each for 8+ years. I went for a test drive for the new hybrid but my local garage doesn’t seem to want to engage in a negotiation for a purchase. I’m not expecting an absolute bargain but surely I should be able to get a small discount? Anyone have any figures they’d like to share in terms of what to expect?

sportse

• Approved Member
Discount on new Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 08:27:17 PM »
I bought my EX through carwow - supplied by a local Honda dealer.

Discount on the EX they were offering is 5% / £1200 off list.

If you want finance and take the 5% pcp you get 5 years servicing and warranty on top of the discount.

You just choose what model / spec you want and dealers bid for your business.

https://www.carwow.co.uk
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:43:57 PM by sportse »

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
Re: Discount on new Jazz?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 10:07:05 PM »
Hi folks, first post here. I’m a very happy Jazz owner, have had two, each for 8+ years. I went for a test drive for the new hybrid but my local garage doesn’t seem to want to engage in a negotiation for a purchase. I’m not expecting an absolute bargain but surely I should be able to get a small discount? Anyone have any figures they’d like to share in terms of what to expect?
Since there is a shortage of new cars at the moment dealers don't have to offer much of a discount (if any). I note that the price for many 'nearly new' Jazz's isn't much different from the RRP. I bought mine in April and at that time you could get a pre-registered or ex-demo Crosstar for around £20K but now they're going for £23-24K. I don't think the problems with supply will last forever so at some point the prices should come down again but now is not the best time to buy.

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 12:06:34 AM »
Go for the finance Honda 5 offer and cancel after 6 mths, not cash.
That is initial £500 off, plus 5yrs servicing and extended warranty that is worth maybe  £1000 c/w most other cars.
Summer offers were about £1000 more disc,  which they'll get some back with mats, flaps (don't try to self fit) and other packs.
Drought of other new cars prob have killed the dealer disc. But your 8yr old Jazz is prob worth £1000 more than start of the year so all in all the same.

Diamondgirl

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 08:57:05 AM »
Thanks everyone! Looks like there is still some money off at carwow so might do that. What Car has a target price of about £1000 discount so hoping that might be possible.

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
Use CarWow - I got over £1600 off my new Crosstar.  No hassle whatsoever.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 10:45:04 AM »
I got £1500 off my Crosstar in June with very quick delivery , but now that is down to £500 and December/January delivery.  As per previous posts the ex demo and nearly new cars are priced very close to brand new vehicles.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 11:18:00 AM »
Supply and demand. There is not much incentive to offer discounts  at the moment.  A headline discount  of say £1200 on Carwow may not still be available in reality. Or if it is there is probably no choice of colour and it may be from a dealer miles away. ( a 500 mile round trip to collect the car and possible overnight stop makes less sense  if you are only saving a  couple of hundred quid. ) And there may be other strings attached.

. If you are part exchanging the dealer  may recoup the discount anyway  by a lower trade in offer.

In September I simply walked into my local dealership.   I used  the same finance deal as Dermot. (I dont think its still available)  By financing the minimum £5000 over 1 year Honda finance  gave  £500 'deposit allowance' -( ie £500 off the list price) and 5 years free servicing, recovery etc, . A deal worth over £1000. at the cost of £127 in interest payment  -or less if you pay the loan off after 6 months
In addition the dealer immediately offered an additional £500 dealer discount.    Thats an immediate  £1000 off and 5 years free servicing  before even trying to negotiate an even better deal, freebie mats and the like. I didnt have a part exchange.     
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 12:02:08 PM »
Same here :

£3k more for my Civic than I was expecting
£1k dealer discount
£500 Honda discount
5 years servicing, warranty and Hondacare (courtesy of the minimum finance deal)
Free elegance mats

.... and a nice car at the end of it :)
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: