Author Topic: Jazz accessories - Why aren't these available...  (Read 1638 times)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Jazz accessories - Why aren't these available...
« on: October 23, 2021, 07:03:41 AM »
I would really like to get hold of these OEM seat covers for my soon to be delivered Jazz:
PN is: FIT-08P32-TZA-000

However, the European Jazz accessory range is slightly disappointing. Instead of items like these - which would be very useful - they offer crappy looking seat back tidies and tablet holders.

I'm happy to email Honda Access if other members are interested too, as they should be a perfect fit and look pretty smart (both rear arm rest and non arm-rest versions are available).

Any thoughts?

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
Re: Jazz accessories - Why aren't these available...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 03:19:31 PM »
Hello,
yes you're right, it's a real shame, I didn't know they existed,
now I have looked at the Japanese catalog and actually I am surprised that in Europe it is not available, also because there is a problem possibly with customs if these things are only found in Japan

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 03:41:08 PM »
Honda sales are so small relatively in UK it probably just isn’t worth the effort to market the items here.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 03:49:31 PM »
But not that much effort to advertise the stuff jn the uk as long they make it clear delivery will be from Asia.  They could administer it all from Japan or wherever.  It would stimulate extra interest in the brand
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 10:17:23 PM »
But not that much effort to advertise the stuff jn the uk as long they make it clear delivery will be from Asia.  They could administer it all from Japan or wherever.  It would stimulate extra interest in the brand
But customers might blame Honda for the items being stuck in Felixstowe!  Fast delivery by air would be very expensive for low value items.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 11:48:39 PM »
I enquired these seat covers through my Japanese friend. Apparently many seats don't have side airbags, so many seat covers can't be used for UK models.

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Hello,
do you mean that in Japan the car is sold without the airbags in the seats !?
(sorry for the mistakes, i used google translate)

Jayt43

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 05:22:29 PM »
I enquired these seat covers through my Japanese friend. Apparently many seats don't have side airbags, so many seat covers can't be used for UK models.

Thanks for asking 123Drive! Appreciate it!

Jayt43

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 05:28:11 PM »
Honda sales are so small relatively in UK it probably just isn’t worth the effort to market the items here.

This is exactly why Honda needs to make an effort. Just look at the company's market share in Europe: https://carsalesbase.com/europe-honda/ (scroll to bottom of page).

The company is simply relying upon a loyal customer base for sales and doing very little to attract new customers. It's beyond tragic!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 05:38:28 PM »
I completely agree but that is a fact of life - see post below:

I think you have to be realistic about Honda’s commitment to Europe. Less than 2% of their sales are in Europe and they have recently withdrawn manufacture from the UK and now have a very minor presence. Honda are concentrating their sales effort on Asia and North America.
The EU (and UK) are adept at raising barriers to entry to protect domestic manufacturers - VW, Peugeot etc. etc. - by requiring features (incl safety?) which are not required elsewhere so Honda are required to re-engineer and gain EU acceptance to sell into Europe. Clearly this is a burden they will be less likely to accept as their market focus switches to expanding markets in Asia.
One of the inevitable outcomes of this is that features requiring special deals with european companies to gain access to, for example, traffic information will fall by the wayside.
In the long term it is not unreasonable to think that Honda might withdraw from Europe altogether.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 06:11:12 PM »
I completely agree but that is a fact of life - see post below:

I think you have to be realistic about Honda’s commitment to Europe. Less than 2% of their sales are in Europe and they have recently withdrawn manufacture from the UK and now have a very minor presence. Honda are concentrating their sales effort on Asia and North America.
The EU (and UK) are adept at raising barriers to entry to protect domestic manufacturers - VW, Peugeot etc. etc. - by requiring features (incl safety?) which are not required elsewhere so Honda are required to re-engineer and gain EU acceptance to sell into Europe. Clearly this is a burden they will be less likely to accept as their market focus switches to expanding markets in Asia.
One of the inevitable outcomes of this is that features requiring special deals with european companies to gain access to, for example, traffic information will fall by the wayside.
In the long term it is not unreasonable to think that Honda might withdraw from Europe altogether.

I have said this on forum before, EU is keeping price of cars in Europe high due to unnecessary complications,  and we all know how the Germans love complicating things......
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 11:12:37 PM »
Hello,
do you mean that in Japan the car is sold without the airbags in the seats !?
(sorry for the mistakes, i used google translate)

Apparently so. Its an optional extra and doesn't come as standard. I saw some really nice seat covers for my GE but my Japanese friend told me its not for seats with side airbags!

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2021, 02:22:30 PM »
If I can manage to get flavoured KitKats from Japan I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get Honda Jazz accessories.  Just need to find a Japanese site with UK translations or use Google translate and cross fingers.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2021, 02:53:32 PM »
That's what I had to do to get my option connector.

Took a few weeks via ZenMarket
Let's be careful out there !

guest9814

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2021, 09:51:35 PM »
Please who wanted retractable mirrors in lower grade Jazz
https://zenmarket.jp/en/yshoppingproduct.aspx?itemCode=parts-conveni_08v02-tza-a00
or maybe stearing well leather cover
https://zenmarket.jp/en/yshoppingproduct.aspx?itemCode=desir-de-vivre_08u98-tza-010
Seat covers
no problem
https://zenmarket.jp/en/yshoppingproduct.aspx?itemCode=desir-de-vivre_08p32-tza-000&c=42767
There you can get almost all accessories for JAZZ/FIT
But not oil or touchup pens - they will not ship this items.

Tags: