Author Topic: Windscreen washer jets  (Read 944 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
Windscreen washer jets
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:00:10 AM »
Hello all,

Has anyone replaced their windscreen washer jets with the mist spray type and if so how do you find them, and where did you buy them from?

Steve

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Windscreen washer jets
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 09:11:06 AM »
Hello all,

Has anyone replaced their windscreen washer jets with the mist spray type and if so how do you find them, and where did you buy them from?

Steve

I find with the mist spray ones on the Civic a lot of the screenwash goes up and over the windscreen and the vehicle behind gets it  :o   They are OEM 'built in' ones and fit flush into the vertical face of the plastic in front of windscreen, a lot of the spray hits parked wiper arms as well, so even if I could ( don't seem to be adjustable ) adjust them I couldn't move them down.   Trouble with shallow windscreen angle is that the light 'mist' that comes out of nozzles gets carried with the wind.  I did fit aftermarket 'twin jet' ones to Civic on top face of plastic in front of screen and rerouted the hoses,  a lot of the spray still hit parked wiper arms, and could not get spray pattern  I wanted as could not lower the jets ( already hitting wiper arms ) and it I raised the jet by even a minute amount it went over top of screen,  gave up in the end and went back to original mist sprays as the lesser of two evils...  I guess the old Volvo system of a pipe to each wiper is the real answer.....

These mist spray nozzles click into place in the correct size cut-out so may be tricky to fit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Akozon-Windscreen-Nozzle-Replacement-Accessories/dp/B089YK14HB/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=windscreen+washer+jets&qid=1625904712&sr=8-14
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 09:14:37 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything