Author Topic: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available  (Read 15656 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2024, 08:36:46 AM »
Same for me.
Tried:
  • factoy reset, done
  • reinstall 2023 maps, done
  • using a brand new 16GB, FAT32 formated pendrive, done
Now I want to downgrade the unit to RC6 firmware, install some filemanager app and search for old files.
I also want to contact Garmin, asking why Garmin express now is saying no map updates avaiable for my unit, still with 2023 maps.

dayjavoo

• Registered Member
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2024, 12:42:44 PM »
Same for me.
Tried:
  • factoy reset, done
  • reinstall 2023 maps, done
  • using a brand new 16GB, FAT32 formated pendrive, done
Now I want to downgrade the unit to RC6 firmware, install some filemanager app and search for old files.
I also want to contact Garmin, asking why Garmin express now is saying no map updates avaiable for my unit, still with 2023 maps.
I've had a similar experience.  I've used a new USB stick to get the satnav data from my Jazz and today Garmin Express doesn't indicate that any update is available for the 2023 map set - in spite of the fact that I have the too large 2024 mapset on my original USB stick, downloaded a couple of weeks ago.  Optimistically, this may indicate that Garmin are aware of the problem and are looking for a fix.  On the other hand, they may have decided that the Honda unit is obsolete and not worth bothering with!

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2024, 01:18:52 PM »
Optimistically, this may indicate that Garmin are aware of the problem and are looking for a fix.  On the other hand, they may have decided that the Honda unit is obsolete and not worth bothering with!
Obsolete after less than 7 years ?? ?? ??
No problem, this is the way!

I work near a Honda dealer, I will park everyday my Honda in front of the dealer (free park slots) with a billboard on the windshield, BEWARE, HONDA CARS BECOME OBSOLETE AFTER SEVEN YEARS.
Then I will wait...
No, I warmly hope for your first assumption.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 01:24:45 PM by jazzaro »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2024, 03:35:41 PM »
When I bought my Garmin  Nuvi 58 standalone a few years ago  it had free map updates  "for life" . In theory for the rest of my life ,  ;D

Then they changed the definition  to "for the life of the unit"      Fair enough, If its broken I wont need to update it.

But they changed it again to something like  "for the intended design life of the unit"   .In other words they can stop issuing new  updates whenever they want even if the unit is still in good working order.
 I suppose they always had the option of stopping ."You have our  latest  update.It was  Issued 25 years ago "   :P

To be fair I am still getting free updates  for it. - more frequently than those for the  Honda unit.   >:(
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

geerrysom

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2024, 03:54:24 AM »
I updated my maps to be bitterly disapointed with the "upgrade". We are off to Ireland in the summer for a few weeks and wanted to have the postcodes  working as they now have postcodes or eircodes which were introduced in 2015 I think and are great. Our Kia has satnav which supports this but alas not the Garmin HONDA upgrade. So my view is don't bother.
Should have checked before I parted with my money but then again I trusted Garmin to be up there with the best, how wrong I was.

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2024, 12:11:37 PM »
Well , thought I'd try to update again. Still getting no update available even though still on 2023 ( my standalone is now on 2025 ).

This time I had a long chat with Garmin technical support and was told that , as from Jan.31st , Garmin are no longer supporting the Honda units. Presumably this means only the ones over 5 years old . Not sure if just the Jazz but got the impression it was all models.

Gave Honda UK a ring to try to get more info. but , predictably , they know nothing about it.

So it remains to be seen if this is a temporary issue ( technical problem ) or  permanent .

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2024, 01:54:50 PM »
Last weekend when I fired up Garmin Express to update it I got the blue circle with a 1 in it signifying that there is an update available

I'm not bothering this time round though as I've never used the built in SatNav

I can't check again till the weekend as my PC is at the daughters house due to my house move and renovate
Let's be careful out there !

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2024, 02:23:50 PM »
a bit more info. , Garmin got back to me , they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

It is a temporary technical issue which they hope to resolve , all those that phone in about the problem have been added to the group case file , their email addresses logged and they will be notified as soon as the update becomes available. 

dayjavoo

• Registered Member
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2024, 07:24:51 PM »
Thanks for passing on the latest news from Garmin.  I contacted Garmin support by email back in January requesting help with the problem so I hope I'm in the case file.

Tags: