Author Topic: Jazz deals  (Read 5562 times)

guest1310

Jazz deals
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:09:52 PM »
Hi, I am going to look at the new Jazz when it finally appears, and if all
looks good I will sit down and chat to a sales guy, my question is this, can
you still haggle when its a brand new model, with my 61 EX Jazz I got
4 years interest free credit and breakdown and 4 years free servicing, so
I got a good deal, I was just wondering what your experiences have been.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Jazz deals
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
Perhaps the 10% discount at https://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/HONDA/JAZZ_HATCHBACK/1.3_SE_5dr_CVT_71002.html? will help with the haggling. Also, there's a lot of pre-registered low mileage previous model Jazzes on offer which will provide some price competion.

I get the impression that there's a boat full of Jazzes on the way which is coming later than they would have liked and will be trying hard to get people to buy them. I've got an appointment on Friday to discuss a possible deal, subject to actually seeing one of the new cars (expected early September). It's usually easier to get things included (eg the 5 years servicing) than get a massive discount.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »
I can't see it at a quick glance of the website, but I'm sure I saw there was a 5yr service & warranty package for around £900.  We paid a similar amount for that on our Jazz mkII when they hadn't long been out, and then worked on a discount on the overall package.

Tough to know what's going on behind the scenes but I would imagine Honda will want to get lots of orders as quickly as possible to give Jazz a kick-start.  We got fed up waiting and have ordered something else.

springyboy

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »
For what its worth here are my ramblings:
I thought the Jazz comes from Swindon, what's this about a boat?.
You can always haggle but if the deal makes no sense to the Honda dealer they will not do it, after all they are a business and not someone excited about a new car. There is no reason for them to give you a discount unless not doing so will cause their business to suffer, but they might offer things of value to you that are of low cost to them, like servicing. Borrowing money is currently cheap so there are lots of customers out there whose hearts may overrule their heads and the dealers know how to take advantage of this. Sometimes the showroom car has an unpopular spec, poor colour or missing options, and if you are happy with it the dealer may be pleased to get rid of that car quickly to you.
So long as you are an eager willing buyer you will pay more than a reluctant buyer who has other options including sticking with their old car or buying another make. So before seeing the Honda dealer get some other make quotes so the dealer knows you can walk away and spend your money with Ford etc. Do your homework, get quotes from the online suppliers like drivethedeal and carwow.
Remember that a new model will result in extra showroom footfall and more opportunity to make sales, so typically the dealers are less likely to offer discounts on new models. You may do better to wait until another maker releases a new model and Honda sales take a temporary hit as buyers visit other dealers, that would be a good time to visit the Honda dealer, at the end of a month when sales targets are under scrutiny.
Remember too that many sales will result in an old Jazz taken in p/ex sitting on the forecourt and doing nothing to keep the dealer in business until a wise buyer comes along and buys your perfectly good three year old car for a fraction of what you paid for it just to help the dealers cashflow.
So ask yourself exactly why you need to change your old car and what your budget is, then if you still want a new car do the homework, try and sell privately and be a cash buyer,  get quotes from dealers in tough sales areas as a long train journey to collect your new car may still save you hundreds compared to picking it up locally.
Good luck, sorry I don't mean good luck I mean good planning as you think through how to get maximum value for your hard-earned cash. ;)   

guest1310

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:40:35 PM »
Many thanks for all your help, I bought the latest What Car today and read the review on the new
model, and maybe I should not just jump before looking at the Polo and the Fabia, both
were rated above the Jazz but its only one persons opinion I know, but it has put doubts
in my mind, thanks again guys.

guest1513

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »
Re "I thought the Jazz comes from Swindon, what's this about a boat?."

Not any longer. Shipped from Japan.

As for What Car: I'd wait until the Jazz was properly tested. Try HJ's site for example.

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »
I bought the latest What Car today and read the review on the new
model, and maybe I should not just jump before looking at the Polo and the Fabia, both
were rated above the Jazz but its only one persons opinion I know

Don't ever believe what you read in a major car magazine, they are sponsored my manufacturers and you will get a biased opinion. In Germany the German cars win EVERY time yet I know lots of people who have all sorts of problems with AUDI's, BMW's etc. The German version of the AA, the ADAC almost finished last year because it came out that they'd been manipulating reliability figures for years.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 03:21:47 PM »
One of the more objective sources of information is Which? I attach their initial comment about the new Jazz. Their last paragraph sums it up quite well:
Honda's pride and joy is more akin to a versatile MPV than being like other superminis. It's not an exciting car to drive (and
it gets a bit noisy when accelerating), but steering is precise, it's easy to drive and - unlike previous vers ions - the ride seems quite smooth.

Regarding reliability, the annual Which? car survey is very informative. I put the reliability table from the 2015 survey in http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7215.0. However, time will tell whether new models are better or worse than the previous ones but Honda have had plenty of time to get any bugs out of the new Jazz before giving us the opportunity to buy it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

springyboy

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 04:15:25 PM »
I reckon most cars these days are so good, each with their stronger and weaker points, that whatever you choose it will not be a wrong decision. As it happens we have a Jazz and a Fabia so I can compare though of course its not a Mk3 Jazz, which being new ought to be better than both cars. The Jazz is technically more interesting and has some features that sound good in the brochure, magic seats, boot parcel shelf, but in practice are of little value to me but the Fabia seems tougher built especially the interior fittings and the plastics and gives a quieter and smoother ride. The Jazz drives like a small car while the Fabia drives more like a big car. The Jazz seat covering attracts hairs and they are hard to remove but the Fabia does not have this problem. The Jazz is smaller and the rear middle seat belt is not easy to use, the Fabia has just a lap belt in the middle but is simple to use The Jazz has unusual sized tyres and battery so less choice/higher cost. I am not saying one is better than the other and of course both are now replaced by newer models, just my personal experiences. My son has a Fiesta and it's better to drive than both!   

Tags:

anything