Author Topic: Honda Jazz Sport 2018 - Wiring a reversing Camera to the Reversing Light  (Read 4611 times)

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
I am trying to wire a reversing camera to my 2018 Honda Jazz. What is the easiest way to pick up the power from the reversing light?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:47:53 AM by Barcam »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
In the USA this has been covered  so try a search on  the Honda Fit/Jazz forum here>https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
Do you want the camera to be powered only when reverse is engaged or powered with ignition?

I installed a reverse camera powers on our MK1 which powers with ignition, I hard wired it to the fuse box. However I also installed a rear parking sensor on our MK1 which was powered by the reverse bulb.

All I did was splice a couple of cables onto the harness of one of the reverse lights. The camera uses very little power so it should be really be a problem, but to play it safe and to get a nicer more useable reverse light, I changed the reverse halogen bulbs for LED ones which consume less power to compensate for the power the camera uses.

barcam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
Thanks, I have sorted it and ready to go. I ordered the bits and gone for a 7 inch mirror monitor. Why Honda did not offer the reversing camera as an option seems a bit foolish. I spoke to our main Honda dealer and he is sure it would be a popular option.

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
Thanks, I have sorted it and ready to go. I ordered the bits and gone for a 7 inch mirror monitor. Why Honda did not offer the reversing camera as an option seems a bit foolish. I spoke to our main Honda dealer and he is sure it would be a popular option.

I ordered a mirror camera last week for our MK3 Sport but I'm getting cold feet on whether the camera will be blocked by the large cowling above the mirror which houses the camera for the speed sign and lane departure recognition.

The camera is on it's way from China, so its too late to do anything now, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  :-[

barcam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:

I ordered a mirror camera last week for our MK3 Sport but I'm getting cold feet on whether the camera will be blocked by the large cowling above the mirror which houses the camera for the speed sign and lane departure recognition.

The camera is on it's way from China, so its too late to do anything now, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  :-[

I originally ordered a Mirror combined dash cam and reversing camera. The problem was the dash cam camera was on the LHS of the mirror. No matter how I adjusted the mirror a part of the front picture was obscured by the cowling. If the camera had been on the RHS it would have been fine. I don't think even the mirrors with extending front cameras would help. So I have a separate dash cam and a separate reversing camera.

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member

I originally ordered a Mirror combined dash cam and reversing camera. The problem was the dash cam camera was on the LHS of the mirror. No matter how I adjusted the mirror a part of the front picture was obscured by the cowling. If the camera had been on the RHS it would have been fine. I don't think even the mirrors with extending front cameras would help. So I have a separate dash cam and a separate reversing camera.

Yep, I only realised that after ordering it unfortunately so will have to try and make it work. It is the type that has the extending front camera but as you say I think it'll still end up being obscured by the plastic cowling. Oh well, if it doesn't work I'll try and fit it on our other car.

Tags:

anything