Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 05:43:17 PM »
Looks great. How is the JOYING fit? Is it snug?
Not quite sure what you mean. The fascia and screen on the Joying are as one with the HU being separate and connected to the screen by a ribbon cable, so there is no separate trim around the screen hence it being flush. The HU attaches to the screen/fascia via 4 plastic clips more or less the same as the Honda clips that hold the stock HU In place.

You remove the original clips from the stock HU & fit them to the screen/ fascia then you simply push the unit into the holes in the dash & that's it, the HU is not bolted in but supported by the 4 plastic clips.

I was sceptical that this was adequate but in reality it is so light that it is supported very well and I don't have any dash rattles.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Honda fit hybrid spares
« Last post by Keekster71 on Today at 05:34:42 PM »
I’ve got a 2008 Honda Fit R/S. so far most of the parts have been the same as the UK model. I did have to change the stereo for a Uk one but it was an easy swap
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 05:32:19 PM »
Looks great. How is the JOYING fit? Is it snug?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by ninanina on Today at 05:28:54 PM »
I wonder why or how dealers can be so bad and still be in business?

Price wise there’s nothing in it between the Advance and a top spec Yaris

Apparently new car sales are not very good at the moment

If my local Toyota dealer shows the same disdain then I will not buy from them either.  However I am a customer of them already so I expect to be treated ok
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 05:28:04 PM »
After reading this thread I started a desperate search for the documentation I received when I bought the car on a 5 year package back in October 2021. Got that sinking feeling when I couldn't find it but I had misfiled in my somewhat disorganised filing system. I have the full 5 year warranty - it's in black and white.

My mind now made up - I'm keeping the car. I am learning to stop worrying thanks to Jazzik's wise words ;)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 04:30:52 PM »
For comparison this is what the Alpine with a 7" screen mounted in a Connects2 fascia looks like.

The Joying screen may appear less bright because I have fitted a matte screen protector.
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 04:19:53 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:o  :P
« Last post by jazzyb88 on Today at 04:07:36 PM »
I didn’t have an OEM rear camera so I fitted an aftermarket camera. I don’t believe the Joying or other Android units support the Honda camera but you would have to check with them.

I asked them this question and they said it does support the OEM camera which means it must be able to supply 6v to the camera (the OEM camera is a non-standard voltage). I am impressed with the specs then, it seems to be a plug and play replacement!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by nomis on Today at 04:05:05 PM »
That was my thinking embee

I’m actually quite annoyed also that my local dealer has still not been in contact with me after I had a test drive last week

I just wonder if Honda are going to pull out of the UK?  I certainly don’t see many new cars about

I was in a similar position a year ago. The sales manager at my local Honda dealer was rather arrogant and not at all interested in cutting a deal even when I showed him I could get a better price elsewhere. In the end I used Carwow and took the best deal on offer.

I placed the order directly over the phone with the dealer who made the offer. He then emailed me a copy of the order form to check and sign. It really couldn't have been any easier, though it was a cash sale with no part-ex. The car was delivered to my home by trailer free of charge despite the dealer being 150 miles away.

I'd recommend using Carwow or another broker even if you go with Toyota or Renault. The discounts on those brands are crunchier than Honda and you can still use your local dealer for servicing and warranty repairs. Buying over the phone also places the purchase under the distance selling rules, so you could return the car within 14 days of receiving it for a full refund if you didn't like it. Just make sure to pay by bank transfer or a cheque in the post, and have the car delivered. If you visit the dealer to sign a contract, pay in person, or collect the car then the distance selling rules no longer apply.

I agree about the dearth of Mk4 Jazzes on the road. I've only seen 3 in my area since I started looking over a year ago. The price has to be a factor. I bought an Advance Sport and the list price with metallic paint now tops £30k. That's a lot of dough for a small car. Both the Yaris and Clio are significantly cheaper. A friend also noticed that the Jazz was pulled from the list of models available under the Motability scheme in April which won't help matters.
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 03:56:29 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything