Author Topic: (Please help) Auto remote reprogramming issue  (Read 2190 times)

guest6499

(Please help) Auto remote reprogramming issue
« on: December 30, 2016, 03:38:50 AM »
Hi. I own 2011 Honda jazz. My second car key has been stolen by a thief and I had to replace the entire lock set including the ignition of the car. Of course, I was given the two new car keys.

However, the issue is my old car remote which is the same as the previous second car key which got stolen still works by unlocking and locking my car automatically when I press the the old remote. The mechanic who reprogrammed the old set of remotes showed me the process of reprogramming again in front of me. But both the old remote and the two new remotes still lock and unlock my vehicle... The mechanic thinks the thief was trying to jam the radiowave of my car.

Please help me what I need to do to deactivate only the old remote so that my two new remote works please please. I just had to pay significant amount of money to replace the whole lock set and keys and I really really need your help.

Thank you so much for reading this.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: (Please help) Auto remote reprogramming issue
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:37:56 PM »
If your mechanic had a laptop hooked up to the car to program the new keys, he will have removed the stolen key from the car memory.  The HDS service procedure 'REWRITE KEYS' will only add keys that are present to the memory and forget about any that are missing.

The off-on-click-off remote learning procedure can only hold three remotes in memory on a GD MK1 so it may be similar on the GE Mk2.  Every new remote learnt bumps the oldest one out.  If you have a friend or colleague with a Honda you could add their remotes then your own to be sure that the missing one has been definitely pushed out of the memory, the fourth oldest should stop working.

It seems that your mechanic has been helpful and made sure that all three remotes you have are added and working.
--
TG

guest6499

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 12:32:41 AM »
Thank you so much for your kind reply!

I would like to ask another questions please.

After discovering that the previous car remote still unlocked the vehicle, the mechanic did his process in front of me one more time. He did not use the laptop so I assume that he did the off-on-click-off remote learning procedure. Since this off-on-click-off procedure will only add three keys, does this mean, the thief's remote which is the same as the previous remote that I still have would not work with my vehicle? (I assume that the thief's remote would still work because the remote is identical to the previous remote that I have and still works now).

Also, because I would like only my two new remotes working and the previous car key not working, should I ask for the HDS service procedure you mentioned? What is the full name of HDS service? (Sorry, I could not find the answer to this question by myself on the internet) Should I go to Honda garage for this service as the garage that I payed to replace the whole lock set as the garage asked the mechanic from the outside to reprogram the keys but I really would like only my new two remotes working.

Thank you so much for reading my threads and helping me with kind answers. Thank you.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
The car's remote locking and it's immobiliser are separate systems with different methods of recognising a key.  Every remote generates a unique code sequence also each key contains a separate unique immobiliser id chip number which is not related to the remote code, only the pattern of the blade was the same until your locks were replaced. 

Suppose the original remotes A and B had been paired to the car, when remotes C and D were paired the earliest one A should have been bumped out leaving the car accepting B, C & D, but maybe you now possessed A,C & D - by adding A again the car should accept C, D & A if the Mk2 s the same as the earlier cars by only remembering the last three remotes to be paired.

The key's unique immobiliser chip number is read and verified when inserted into the steering column lock.  It requires Honda Diagnostic Software to change the learnt codes by writing them into the car's memory, the procedure has the on screen menu name 'rewrite keys' and should erase all learnt immobiliser codes and register the new ones presented at the time. 

The auto locksmith has ensured the missing key will not turn the ignition or disable the immobiliser, and it's remote code should now be forgotten.

e.g.
Your keys   Remote cypher    Immobiliser-ID  Blade pattern
Original A  F9rhK2GjjCPaWx   519204527384    723910
Original B  iYe8T3x0iEu3Qm   830471395261    723910
New C       eTm2Wi8GSo9aeW   274905871282    479458
New D       nWy7ER5xDKLp9v   432857092167    479458

--
TG

Tags:

anything