Author Topic: glass cleaner  (Read 14734 times)

guest238

glass cleaner
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »
Been unhappy with some of the glass cleaners, Halfords own brand leaves the glass too streaky. Anyone suggest any decent streak-free cleaners?

Goffs Oak

• Topic Starter
Re: glass cleaner
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:15:12 PM »
Autoglym Fast Glass is IMO the best of the bunch. For really stained glass, try Autoglym’s Glass Polish, but avoid using it on plastic windows (eg., lower rear windscreen on the new Civic).

Use kitchen paper to apply the Fast Glass and buff off.

guest403

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
Thumbs up for the Fast Glass, or if you really want to take it to extreme the Glass Polish is amazing!! Its abit like applying a liquid cleaner wax to your windows so you have to let it haze then buff.

On the outside windows the Glass Polish makes the water bead and keeps those bugs from sticking. I havent had any probs. with streaking or windshield wiper chatter either. I just it use it once a month or so. I find its a bit dusty and then you have to wipe it off the black window surrounds Undecided.

Geoff

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
OK, thanks.   :)

I tried Halfords own-brand stuff and it left the glass all streaky.   :o

[edit by RichardA - removed missing smileys]

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »
IMO autoglym glass polish is the best

Apply it and BEFORE it drys buff it with a cloth so that you dont get chalky dust everywhere!!!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 06:29:29 PM »
Could actually use a damp microfibre cloth soaked beforehand in warm water for the interior glass.

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »
Autoglym glass POLISH.........for a class finish.........top one on the market.
used it for years.......;D

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 11:11:53 AM »
For general window cleaning i use Nilglass Professional clear liquid non smear..........Really good.     
Used it for years when i was working..........

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 07:56:39 AM »
I use Clear & Clean From Lidl, cheap and very effective no chalky deposit to get rid of.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
I've been using this glass cleaner for a couple of months. It's cheaper than the Autoglym Fast Glass and works just as well.

Sainsburys stock it in the household section.

3reggy

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
Hi All , and a happy new year, been talking to a guy today who is a car cleaning fanatic, he uses a cheap screen wash and puts white vinegar in to his washer bottle says that his windscreen cleans up fantastic on the road ,takes off all the road grime easy no smears either.
I use Autoglym screen cleaner myself not in the cold  :)
John

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »
Greggy ask him what his wiper blades are like after a while.......vinegar they dont like it.
So keep all yer rubber things away form vinegar,it makes em shrink and go all wrinkley including wiper blades......... ;D :-*

3reggy

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »
Will do
thank you that info Joejazz good job I haven't followed him, this forum really works ;)

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
A few days now my windscreen look greasy outside (in the rain really noticable and annoying) I already cleaned 3 times with Autoglym Fast Glass and remained the same. I hope the Autoglym Glass Polish can solve this problem. I don`t know how it happened, this is not the first time I`m washing my car with the same products, never had such a problem before, all this happened after my last wash and I did not swapped the wash and the polish bottles.
I`m washing my car with this: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_241321_langId_-1_categoryId_165527, didn`t find this product on the manufacturer`s homepage (before I bought I did find it).
To polish the car I`m using this (but never on the windows): http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_249344_langId_-1_categoryId_165527.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
As well as cleaning the windscreen also clean the wiper blades with autoglym  glass polish.

Tags: