Author Topic: Centre armrest console disassembly  (Read 1132 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Centre armrest console disassembly
« on: August 17, 2022, 10:06:03 AM »
I'd be glad to read or see instructions how to disassemble the centre armrest console between the front seats on GK (Mk3) Jazz. That includes the main part which starts below the 12V socket and ends to the armrest as well as removing e.g. the gear stick collar and the cupholders. A copy of service manual would be perfect.

Glosrich

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S iVtec
Re: Centre armrest console disassembly
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 06:44:18 PM »
Have a look on YouTube, I expect someone has a video on that.
Search for both Honda Jazz and Honda Fit as it is called in USA and Asia.

BadgerMk3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 08:12:06 PM »

olliewills

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX Navi Manual
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 10:21:46 PM »
Okay so this is rather timely for me! We realised today that the gear stick gaiter on my fathers Jazz is losse and dropping down where it should be tight to the gear knob. Compared to the video above for the Honda Fit, the UK gear gaiter does not appear to be a push-fit mechanism and more a traditional groove and cable tie system....

If that's correct, this video leads me to believe that in order to add a new cable tie to the gearstick, I'm going to have to first remove the entire centre console since the gaiter is screwed to it from underneath and as such is inaccessible without removal...

Does that sound right? I've attached a photo of my dads gear stick in case it helps.

Thanks all!

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 06:51:31 AM »
Thank you for the advice. The video seems really helpful. I have couple of switches on the console, so the connectors need to be disconnected.

In European Jazzes the bellow around the gearstick is loose from the factory and apparently it needs only removing the gearstick knob and then the console can be lifeted up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:00:12 AM by TnTkr »

Tags: