Author Topic: Help with a tricky situation  (Read 1248 times)

kanwar47

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz SE 2013 1.2
Help with a tricky situation
« on: August 05, 2022, 06:09:46 PM »
Hello all (my first post on here so please take it easy on me :D)

I am fairly new to driving and recently purchased a beautiful blue MK2 Jazz. I live in a neighbourhood that is rather tight, and with a lot of cars about! I'm looking to protect my wing mirrors, bumpers and doors from nicks and scrapes as the blue colour does get marked up easily.

What would be the best place to find easily fittable accessories for this, please?

In addition, please can you provide your recommendation for the best stereo and dashcam (front and back) combo I could get install on my Jazz which would provide a rear camera function and apple play/android/navigation etc.

Thank you very much for reading and apologies for the long post. Much appreciated!

k47

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Help with a tricky situation
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 07:09:30 PM »
Welcome, you'll find this place friendly and helpful.

For accessories, body protectors etc, specific to the Jazz you can do worse than start at https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 08:50:04 PM »
Dashcam word of warning. Nextbase customer service is absolutely appalling

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 06:16:51 AM »
If you need Nextbase customer service a post in the appropriate section here does get replies from Nextbase :

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/categories/nextbase.366/

But ..... Nextbase series 2 dashcams do seem to suffer from battery failure anywhere from one or two years and it's expensive to repair. Most other dashcams are now using super capacitors that last many years.

However, my recommendation is the Viofo A119 V3 (with CPL)

There is a newer model, the Viofo A119 Mini,  released a few months ago.

Read up on all models at DashcamTalk.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 08:57:02 AM »
If you need to park on a narrow street its best to fold the mirror in. I cant think of anything that would protect them from a relatively hard wack from a passing car.   

You can buy protection strips to reduce car park knocks from carelessly opened doors.  But they are not always 100% effective. A high rear door may still strike your car above the strip.     Some look quite stylish, others,often universal, may look quite naff. Most are stuck in place  using powerful double sided automotive tape. In theory quite easy to fit but care needed to get it positioned correctly first time.     The cost may outweigh the risk. 

Some colours show scuffs much more easily.  But often these scuffs  are only on the surface of the clear coat.  They can often  be polished out using a product such as T cut. Try dragging the tip of your finger nail across the damage.If you cant feel it catching there is a good chance the damage will polish out.      There are various polish and spray products that can give a more durable coating to  paintwork.  i cant recommend one in particular as I am a bit out of date on whats currently available. 

I cant help with infotainment systems, Satnav and camara compatibility etc.  There are lots on the internet that claim all to have  such compatibility,   but are vague  about whether its only on the top of the range version,  or you need  to buy additional plug in hardware or soft ware.etc.    And the software version may not be compatible with your phone etc.  A mine field.  Good luck

If you are hoping for cameras that are on 24 hours and might detect  miscreants who  damage your parked car bear in mind these often need to be specially wired , and can quite quickly drain a car battery. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 09:07:02 AM »
Most hardwire kits now have voltage protection so when the battery level gets below a set threshold they will turn the camera off.

Example, you set your preferred cutoff :

Let's be careful out there !

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 09:51:37 AM »
I stand by my original post. Nextbase customer service is appalling no matter where you post. Dashcam issues from day one. Nextbase provided SD card failed within two weeks. Battery failure within two months. Technical support from various agents worse than useless.
Dashcam binned after 3 months.

josall

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 03:05:20 PM »
Hi I purchased a Jazz EX 2010 and included a protection pack with protective door strips etc., unfortunately both drivers and front passenger doors have been damaged by careless idiots in car parks.
Virtually impossible to protect your vehicle  >:( >:(

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 03:58:03 PM »
Door protective strips are designed to protect against another door nudging yours. Not some k--bhead with a supermarket trolley or the likes.

Tags: